Anyone know how to remove 3rd row panels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

West1

Reaction score
I’m trying to put some deadener in the walls and can’t figure out how to remove both panels.

I’ve removed the bolts near the hatch and it’s clear that I took off all bolts. I’ve removed the bolts finest the 2nd row doors but something in the middle of the panel is holding me up, seems to be where the 3rd row seats are (both panels).

Last picture has a section in question where I might need to remove to get to a bolt? Posted a picture hoping someone can confirm.

Tyvm!!

Attachments

• 1BBB97D3-5A56-4BE6-A442-7A8468DC83FF.jpeg
    1BBB97D3-5A56-4BE6-A442-7A8468DC83FF.jpeg
    298.5 KB · Views: 22
  • AA123280-FF69-4AA8-A67E-1BCDBB44B34A.jpeg
    AA123280-FF69-4AA8-A67E-1BCDBB44B34A.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 58E777F2-6671-4CC8-844D-78752E69E0B5.jpeg
    58E777F2-6671-4CC8-844D-78752E69E0B5.jpeg
    401.9 KB · Views: 22

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to put some deadener in the walls and can’t figure out how to remove both panels.

I’ve removed the bolts near the hatch and it’s clear that I took off all bolts. I’ve removed the bolts finest the 2nd row doors but something in the middle of the panel is holding me up, seems to be where the 3rd row seats are (both panels).

Last picture has a section in question where I might need to remove to get to a bolt? Posted a picture hoping someone can confirm.

Tyvm!!
if the 21+ are designed like all previous generations then you need to take out the 3rd row seats then remove the trim around hatch opening in back top and bottom first then you can get access to the rear quarter panels after that you can remove the covers in question under the right side is the rear hvac and the other side is where the jack storage is

OP
OP
W

West1

Reaction score
if the 21+ are designed like all previous generations then you need to take out the 3rd row seats then remove the trim around hatch opening in back top and bottom first then you can get access to the rear quarter panels after that you can remove the covers in question under the right side is the rear hvac and the other side is where the jack storage is

I’ll try n remove the rear seats, maybe that’s what’s holding me up, ty

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll try n remove the rear seats, maybe that’s what’s holding me up, ty
going to be more to it than just the seats but they do need to be out of the way, those panels come off inward and getting them off with the seats in the way is going to be a challenge. I bet they are just like all the rest, when you open the rear hatch take a close look and see which panel covers need to come off first usually it's the bottom trim along the hatch opening bottom edge and the one up on the roof line.

OP
OP
W

West1

Reaction score
going to be more to it than just the seats but they do need to be out of the way, those panels come off inward and getting them off with the seats in the way is going to be a challenge. I bet they are just like all the rest, when you open the rear hatch take a close look and see which panel covers need to come off first usually it's the bottom trim along the hatch opening bottom edge and the one up on the roof line.

Correct. I’ve removed all the bolts where I could stick my arm in the panels through the back, top and front panel. Just couldn’t pull it out. There was no obvious reason to pull the seats because I could not see any bolts at the bottom of the panel. I think I’ll be able to get it now :)

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More importantly, why are you adding deadener? Planning on some hair trick videos soon ;).

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't have to remove the seats. Just fold them down. Then remove the rear floor/plastic tray. Then remove the weather stripping around the back hatch and then you can start to pop out the panel from the rear, working towards the back doors.

OP
OP
W

West1

Reaction score
You don't have to remove the seats. Just fold them down. Then remove the rear floor/plastic tray. Then remove the weather stripping around the back hatch and then you can start to pop out the panel from the rear, working towards the back doors.
I’ve done this but couldn’t figure out why the middle section of the panel would not remove (w/third row folded down).

My dynomat & skyhigh deadener came in, might give it a shot this weekend.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve done this but couldn’t figure out why the middle section of the panel would not remove (w/third row folded down).

My dynomat & skyhigh deadener came in, might give it a shot this weekend.
Takes some pics and write up a diy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast-cheap-right