Anyone installed AirLift 1000 Helper bags for towing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
These were not fun trying to install info my beltech springs. Slicone spray will help slide in easier.

OP
OP
Martinjmpr

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I’m about to order a set myself for my Denali. What do you guys do for an air compressor? Do you have one I board tied into power somehow or use a separate one?

Since I travel on dirt roads a lot (County roads, Forest Service/Park Service/BLM roads) I always have a compressor anyway (washboard roads are much less punishing on the spine if you air down to about 20 - 25 PSI.)

I have heard of people who use a small bicycle pump for the air bags though. Nice low-buck solution if you don't carry a compressor (but IMO there's no good reason NOT to carry a compressor. If you own a Tahoe or Suburban, you can't say you don't have enough space!)

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I travel on dirt roads a lot (County roads, Forest Service/Park Service/BLM roads) I always have a compressor anyway (washboard roads are much less punishing on the spine if you air down to about 20 - 25 PSI.)

I have heard of people who use a small bicycle pump for the air bags though. Nice low-buck solution if you don't carry a compressor (but IMO there's no good reason NOT to carry a compressor. If you own a Tahoe or Suburban, you can't say you don't have enough space!)
Well on a daily basis I wouldn’t have room with all my detailing gear loaded in. But I wouldn’t need to fill them up every day in that scenario. I would only keep them at like 15 psi for a daily use. And then I could air them up when I’m ready to tow and keep the compressor in the back while im towing and don’t have all the gear. Would a small pump that plugs into the lighter outlet have enough power to fill the bags? Or would I need something bigger and more powerful?

OP
OP
Martinjmpr

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small pump should work fine for the bags.

If you have oversized tires a small pump would likely not be adequate for the tires, but just for the bags no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small pump should work fine for the bags.

If you have oversized tires a small pump would likely not be adequate for the tires, but just for the bags no problem.

I have one size bigger than stock tires on my factory 20s. But I don’t off road or anything like. I air my tires once a week when I put fuel in, just to make sure my tires are properly aired. so I use the air system at the gas station. So I don’t think I need to worry about getting a pump big enough for tires. Or maybe I do. Lol. I don’t know these things! This aspect of mods is new to me haha.

OP
OP
Martinjmpr

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one size bigger than stock tires on my factory 20s. But I don’t off road or anything like. I air my tires once a week when I put fuel in, just to make sure my tires are properly aired. so I use the air system at the gas station. So I don’t think I need to worry about getting a pump big enough for tires. Or maybe I do. Lol. I don’t know these things! This aspect of mods is new to me haha.

If you haven’t needed it so far you probably don’t need it now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018