Anyone have the "Grabby brakes" TSB 09-05-22-003 done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a link from a buddy of mine after complaining about my tranny (and how it behaves coming to a stop), and he sent me info about a grabby brake TSB. Apparently they flash the software. I'll be having this done asap, assuming that my brakes are showing the kind of problems this TSB hopes to correct.

Anyone already have it done? Any changes?

Thanks!

/< / /2 /<

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Never heard of this before, what do you feel in your brakes?

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I often feel that, when coming to a stop from relatively slow speeds (like going from stop sign to stop sign in my neighborhood, for instance), the light pedal pressure that I'd think would normally slow the truck to a stop at an even pace DOESN'T, and that more pedal pressure, especially right before the truck comes to a stop, grabs too hard. I feel like I have to really concentrate on feathering the brakes so that I don't have to get on them too hard too late, and so that I don't stop the truck with a "jerk."

The brakes feel "grabby" (Chevy's word, not mine -- though that's the word I'd use), which this TSB describes.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I think this could be a brake bleed issue....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts