Anyone have a lowered tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i like the belltech street performance. also since 95 when i started lowering these tahoes my preference for springs has been belltech or djm followed by ground force then so on. Now most of my customers are in their 40-50s and want a good ride. the djm springs with the belltech street performance shocks hands down is the winner

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
DJMDirect... Thanks for the shock info. I've been doing some reading on them as well as others.

Curious about your statement regarding springs.... I'm looking for better/best performance more than outright lowering. Not knocking quality of anyone's product, but seems to me that the performance springs (Eibach and Hotchkis primarily) would outperform the lowering springs (BellTech, DJM, GroundForce, etc). Have you found this to be the case or no?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
if you want handling the belltech 3 inch drop springs handle the best due to the increased spring rate and also they are adjustable to 2 inches due to the lifting spacers they offer now.

on the trucks I do over the years that tell me they want it to handle great i just do
spindles
front drop springs either djm or belltech

BELLTECH FRONT/REAR SWAYBARS

Hands down the swaybars are bad ass on cornering. esp with the djm drop springs. I never liked hotchkis and eibach not that great of a ride at all and dont think they handle as well as belltechs or djm at all. and this is not because i sell djm or belltech this comes from years of lowering them. I have customers that bring me hotchkis or eibachs ill install them no problem just overall result I feel you cant go wrong with belltech or djm mated up to the belltech swaybars

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Tony, thanks again for the info... I've been happy with the performance of my BellTech swaybars (would have liked a different end link setup than what they supplied for the rear).

What are your thoughts regarding leaves? I'm considering drop leaves, but I tow with my rig (6.5x12 dual axle trailer) regularly and don't want to loose capacity. As is, I think my leaves are a bit tired and need replacing - am thinking of either going with an OE replacement and installing shackles (already have 'em) or going with 2" drop leaves. Just not crazy about adding bags to the mix. As is, I bottom out when going over speed bumps (no load). Trying to think through my options.....

What kind of pricing to you have including shipping to 37167?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
belltech only has 4 inch drop leaf springs.

have you cut your rear bumpstops

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
I haven't cut anything on my truck other than the lip on the LCAs when I installed the spindles. I figured I was hitting the bumpstops due to sagging leaf springs (don't remember if they did that originally or not - assuming not, but could easily be mistaken).

I think 4" drop springs would be too much - at least from a towing perspective. I still want to be able to get into my driveway/garage. :D

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
with a 2/2 drop the rear should be 1.25 to 1.5 inches higher than the front.

you need to cut the bumpstops down. no biggie

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Would it be better to replace them with the "buttons" instead? Though more involved, would it better still to install a notch? I'm thinking about it from a towing perspective...

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
if you use the buttons will leave more clearance. energy suspension 1/2 inch tall ones is what i use on customers cars.

1defyag

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions or advice.

I dropped the back of mine with drop shackels, and a buddy raised the front up with keys. It rides fine, I just wish I knew where the hell he was so I could drop the front back down.lol

picture.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364

Latest posts