Anyone go last generation Esky to a new gen Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Long story but I'm becoming quite unhappy with my 19 Escalade with only 21k miles. Thinking of moving up to a used 21 or 22 Denali. I'm aware of lifter issues. With used new gen Eskys still being rather pricey, anyone go from an older Esky to a new Yukon?

Thanks!

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hated that generation, seats were terrible. 2021 on up is a whole different truck. Rides beautiful. They did a great job with it, but presently they are still pricey as others are declining. Demand and supply still effect this generation.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2018-2020 was improved with the transmission and better suspension with the steal control arms. My 2018 is more comfortable and rides better than my 2008 which I owned new. The 2015-2017 has issues with the suspension and transmission.

OP
OP
R

RobV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What’s wrong with your Escalade? I have a 2018 and I am still happy. Is it mechanic or cosmetic?
Mostly mechanical. 21k miles and have had:

-Cat back replaced due to a leaking, whirring noise under acceleration
-driver door panel squeaked and replaced
-seatback is crooked despite a new seat bottom frame, new seat back frame, and now they're trying new seatback foam
-numerous AC issues all on multiple occasions. leak... then, new condenser, then new compressor, now it still blows intermittent hot at startup so they're gonna try a BCM....multiple times after having the truck in for weeks it would blow hot on the very first run out of the dealer.
-key fob works 50% of the time....its going in for that in a few weeks
-rear wiper now inop
-tailgate foot motion sensor light logo was replaced, now the foot motion works 70% of the time
-I don't love the tranny either.....at low speeds in the neighborhood its rather jerky sometimes trying to figure out what gear it should be in. I haven't even thought of going down that road with the dealer yet.

Thankfully its all under warranty, but I'm now constantly wondering whats next? For the flagship of the GM fleet, I'm rather unimpressed by both the product, and the dealer support. Had a 16 Yukon before this and it worked mostly great. Now, I did not buy the truck at my nearby dealer.....and it feels like they know it, and don't really GAS about the problems.

I'm just kinda over it.

jordan11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a 2016 Escalade. There was about 77k miles on it. The transmission also would be very jerky, especially stopping. I sold it to Vroom b/c the prices were just too good not too. Ordered a 2022 suburban RST. Waited the 5 months and just drove my other vehicles.
I am happy with the interior. While it's not the new escalade interior, it is much better. If you are looking for the Denali with the Auto Cruise tech you will be paying $.
at 71-75k, The RST seemed to offer the most bang for the buck, without need the new new tech. I had been buying used vehicles that last few, but i just wanted something brand new, no unknown previous problems.
For comparison I had also purchased a 2021 sport plat escalade, (122k iirc) about 50K for tech/screens and air suspension.
New generation suspension really makes these comfortable.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Escalade and love it. It’s super comfortable, drives great, powerful, everything works. One issue I did have is the AC Condenser went out and it was not covered under the TSB, which bothered me. But other than that its been great.

And to respond to your question, yes, I would hypothetically buy a Denail whenever its time to trade this one in. For me I just need the 6.2l.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Escalade and love it. It’s super comfortable, drives great, powerful, everything works. One issue I did have is the AC Condenser went out and it was not covered under the TSB, which bothered me. But other than that its been great.

And to respond to your question, yes, I would hypothetically buy a Denail whenever its time to trade this one in. For me I just need the 6.2l.
6.2 is a beast. My 17 Tahoe condenser went belly up right after the TSB extended coverage expired, but I had purchased an extended b2b warranty and only paid $100 deductible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts