Anyone found Velcro that works for rear cargo all weather mats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just opened the tailgate and both seat backs were saging . The canvas boat snaps may be the answer but will need to find out what the carpeted backing actually is made of. I just contacted the dealer and he is going to find out what the seat backs and storage cover are made of. I will pass along any info. He did state he knows they don't stay in place.
Thanks. Please do share if you find a solution. Do those canvas boat snaps require drilling/screwing into the back of the third row to hold them in place? I've seen other "snaps" suggested in other threads that are like that, but I'm not going to screw something into the back of my third row. I'll just remove the all weather covers and deal with it before doing that.

Matz

Reaction score
Thanks. Please do share if you find a solution. Do those canvas boat snaps require drilling/screwing into the back of the third row to hold them in place? I've seen other "snaps" suggested in other threads that are like that, but I'm not going to screw something into the back of my third row. I'll just remove the all weather covers and deal with it before doing that.
I'm still waiting to hear from GM as to who makes the seats ( Lear? ) and call them if I need. Dealer thought that the storage lid was a wood composite. Yes screwed in . A small hole which I would think are small enough that if removed could be fluffed over with carpet. The big thing is the top snap have enough of a rivet for the thickness of the plastic of the mats. I'll need to go over to West Marine and see what is available. I had kit from there when I had a boat. Now I need to find it. If I make headway I'll post more.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last section in my mind is the part that would sit behind the 3rd row seat. The others hold in place fine in mine, but that last part leading up to the rear gate doesn’t stick at all.
Same here, the actual 3rd row seatbacks have stayed fine in my Denali since February. The cargo mat itself hasn’t stuck more than a few days. I have to slide it and push it back into place every time I open the hatch.

I replaced the tiny Velcro circles that came with it for larger no-name patches and it only lasted a few days too. I bought heavy duty exterior Velcro but I’ve been lazy and it’s either been raining or 90+ degrees and I haven’t felt like dealing with it.

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, the actual 3rd row seatbacks have stayed fine in my Denali since February. The cargo mat itself hasn’t stuck more than a few days. I have to slide it and push it back into place every time I open the hatch.

I replaced the tiny Velcro circles that came with it for larger no-name patches and it only lasted a few days too. I bought heavy duty exterior Velcro but I’ve been lazy and it’s either been raining or 90+ degrees and I haven’t felt like dealing with it.
I'd be curious if the exterior velcro you bought works. If it does, can you supply a link? I was worried about how "heavy duty" to go because I don't want to damage the carpet in the interest of making velcro stick. Kind of defeats the purpose of protecting the carpet if I'm just destroying it anyway.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious if the exterior velcro you bought works. If it does, can you supply a link? I was worried about how "heavy duty" to go because I don't want to damage the carpet in the interest of making velcro stick. Kind of defeats the purpose of protecting the carpet if I'm just destroying it anyway.

Still haven’t tried installing yet, but here’s the link. The way I see it, if it works I won’t worry about removing the velcro from the carpeted side ever, I can just unlatch the tray if I ever needed to.

VELCRO Brand Industrial Strength Fasteners | Extreme Outdoor Weather Conditions | Heavy Duty Strength Holds up to 15 lbs | 4 x 2 inch Strips, 3 Sets, Black (VEL-30758-USA) https://a.co/d/3CoS7cW

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still haven’t tried installing yet, but here’s the link. The way I see it, if it works I won’t worry about removing the velcro from the carpeted side ever, I can just unlatch the tray if I ever needed to.

VELCRO Brand Industrial Strength Fasteners | Extreme Outdoor Weather Conditions | Heavy Duty Strength Holds up to 15 lbs | 4 x 2 inch Strips, 3 Sets, Black (VEL-30758-USA) https://a.co/d/3CoS7cW
Ah yeah. I hadn't seen that velcro before in my searching. The fact that it is supposed to adhere to just about anything even outdoor surfaces makes me think it may work. I think the only thing I'd need to do though is get some smaller velcro dots/squares for the actual all weather mats that connect to the seatbacks. If the pieces adhered to those aren't smaller, I think it's more likely to pull off the adhesive/velcro from the seatback carpet if I need to remove them. My issue thus far has been just getting something to stick to the seat back carpet. If I can solve that, I'll be fine.

In another thread I saw someone recommended carpet tape. They didn't supply a link but in searching I found this which I think is what they shared a pic of: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0141L81G...1-1-a094db1c-5033-42c6-82a2-587d01f975e8&th=1

It also may work

JohnnyFamous

Reaction score
Annoyed they would sell such garbage and I can't return them. I look forward to hearing if the better velcro works. I suppose it is only as strong as the carpet it is sticking to..

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Referral code?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts