anyone do E-fans on a obs??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i really wanna do some efans havnt found that much on this and kno i can get fans on line for a newer tahoe idk if it will work so anyone thats done this any help would be great!

thanks

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
You kidding? Tim Z made a thread on his e-fan install. They are off of a 06 Tahoe.
Atomic also did a write up when he installed his Flex A Lite e-fans

But you can pretty much install any e-fan out any vehicle. I think the hardest part is mounting them and getting them to look stock.

OP
OP
C

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm ill search i tried earlier and didnt look long thanks

Onebadsuv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
E-fans

I have a '96 2 door 4wd Tahoe LT ... I got rid of the belt driven clutch fan back when gas prices went crazy . GM was very slow to adopt efan technology. FORD was way ahead using efans on their Taurus SHO , Crown Vics , ect . Back then , the hot ticket was to go to a 'J yard and find a suitable Ford with a efan and pull the fan and some wire harness and You are good to go :) Forget wimpy little dual fan aftermarket here - I'm talking a single Efan so perfect I was able to completely re-use the OEM fan shroud to mount the Ford fan . It looks completely stock . I can post pictures ... Local dealership service advisor was suitably impressed :)

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
I have a '96 2 door 4wd Tahoe LT ... I got rid of the belt driven clutch fan back when gas prices went crazy . GM was very slow to adopt efan technology. FORD was way ahead using efans on their Taurus SHO , Crown Vics , ect . Back then , the hot ticket was to go to a 'J yard and find a suitable Ford with a efan and pull the fan and some wire harness and You are good to go :) Forget wimpy little dual fan aftermarket here - I'm talking a single Efan so perfect I was able to completely re-use the OEM fan shroud to mount the Ford fan . It looks completely stock . I can post pictures ... Local dealership service advisor was suitably impressed :)

Definetly need more info and pics.

Onebadsuv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
eFan

Here is the wiring diagram I used - works extremely well

fancontrol.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

What do you think ?

dcp0939.jpg

dcp0941.jpg

dcp0943.jpg

dcp0945.jpg

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Damn, that looks really good. I see you live in Florida so the fan is more than able to handle high temperatures. What year Taurus is that fan out of?

Onebadsuv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Efan cont'd

... with the stock belt driven clutch fan , the fan was always "on" here in S. Florida heat. Lots of fan noise all the time too. My A/C never got below 45 .
With the Efan setup , the only time the fan runs is stopped at traffic lights or if left idleing for awhile - ofcourse the fan runs fulltime while the A/C is running . But now it can get down to 40 easy in 95 degree weather - 38 at night no problem . So Efans rule :)

Status
Not open for further replies.