Any1 keep their ride as a spare vehicle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My SSV is a second vehicle. It’s now replaced my 03 extended Silverado that is still in the family and nearby if I need the bed for hauling crap. My DD is a ‘17 Regal Touring 2.0. I have a growing 14 year old son that’s a gargantuan! Road trips are fun when I see him squirming in the backseat and my wife is nearly kissing the windshield!

We are also involved in Scouting and pulling the trailer on trips has become my responsibility along with gear of my own.

The SSV is comfortable, having the secured and covered storage in the back is great. Can’t complain to much about the fuel as it gets better mileage than my Silverado did.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kept my 2005 Z71 Tahoe when I bought a 2019 Z71earlier this year. I drive the new one to the office each day and on trips. I drive the old one daily when I visit my mom in assisted living to keep the miles off the new one. And, I use the old one to pull my utility trailer carrying my ATV or lawn mower, for trips to the garden center, Lowe’s or HD, hunting trips, etc. The trade-in was way less than it was worth to me, so I kept it with its 170k miles. Glad that I did.

Cusomano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had my 03 Escalade AWD since 2010 and it's always been a secondary vehicle. Our first trip shortly after buying it was cross state visiting colleges for my daughter, and we've loved it ever since. It presently has 47,000 miles on it and even though it sits a lot of the time in the garage, it's a pleasure to drive when I get behind the wheel.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Soon I hope to purchase, from one of my tenants, a big brother for my 02 Tahoe. A 2003 Suburban. Then I will decide which to keep for most driving and the other to experiment with.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I've had my 03 Escalade AWD since 2010 and it's always been a secondary vehicle. Our first trip shortly after buying it was cross state visiting colleges for my daughter, and we've loved it ever since. It presently has 47,000 mikes on it and even though it sits a lot of the time in the garage, it's a pleasure to drive when I get behind the wheel.
Got pics? Not even broken in yet.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2500 is not a daily driver. Probably sits 28 days every month. Still put 7-10k a year on her, but that's because I'll put 4-5k on in two weeks when I go out West or something like that. Most of the time, if I'm driving it, I'm either instructing at an Appleseed (shooting) event, or pulling a trailer. Sits warm, comfy and dry in the garage most of the time.

vvMliSm.jpg

M3b1R3W.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had my 03 Escalade AWD since 2010 and it's always been a secondary vehicle. Our first trip shortly after buying it was cross state visiting colleges for my daughter, and we've loved it ever since. It presently has 47,000 miles on it and even though it sits a lot of the time in the garage, it's a pleasure to drive when I get behind the wheel.
You have an 03 with 47k miles? Amazing.

Cusomano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You have an 03 with 47k miles? Amazing.
I do. Purchased from a local Benz dealer in 2010 with 20,716 miles. Wasn't even looking for a vehicle at the time and happened to stumble across the Escalade one weekend. I traded my 97 Tahoe with 75K 2 days later for it

97audia4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought mine to tow with to the track, daily a Ford focus. But not after the power steering pump rusted and leaked once I am done with that I plan on installing a BTR cam and diving it some more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9