any tips on taking down headliner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.Martin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finding suede in 60" is easy compared to 4-5 years ago lol. I had a time hunting down the material back then. I remember I had to take off all the side panels and when I went to put it back the rear a/c tube came apart so I had to tear all that crap out again to align it back.

alacran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought about that but idk i wanted navy blue which it does stretch but isnt 60inches wide. now i wonder if i can dye some suede to match in the size i need. meijers has the kits to do it for a couple backs but would that mess up the suede?

Goose

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
funny stuff. i went to joann fabrics just for the hell of it. found a lot of material for head liners and door panels ext. suede, fake coach & louis vuitton, ostrich, gattor, snake snd some real leather.

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
joann's is the shit for wide fabric. i bought some stuff for fiberglass builds that was clearance. paid like $10 for 60"X25'!

dropahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any chance you want to do a write up on covering headliners? I am replacing the DVD player in my 2010 Tahoe, and I want to make the interior like a theater, my start is with 5% windows all around and 35% on the windshield all the way down, but I have the slightest idea about the technical parts of recovering the headliner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84