Any thoughts or tips. 3rd row seating help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought these trim pieces for the 3rd row seats on my rig. They fit perfectly but i need to glue them into place. Anybody have any suggestions on what kind of glue i can use that will actually bond plastic to carpet?

The pieces going in between the metal brackets that lock the seats in place.

Screenshot_20190901-213456_eBay.jpg

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure they’re supposed to glue to the carpet? I haven’t replaced those but others I’ve done just click into place. You might want to ask an upholstery shop nearby.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure they’re supposed to glue to the carpet? I haven’t replaced those but others I’ve done just click into place. You might want to ask an upholstery shop nearby.

I’m pretty sure they just snap into place. They definitely didn’t/don’t appear to be glued to the carpet in any of my vehicles.

OP
OP
Kee Fuller

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, they dont snap in place per say. As soon as i roll the seats over the plastic pieces they shift.

The underside has a yellow adhesive like film on it

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
JB weld bonds really good to plastic, i've used it several times with great results. Not once has it seperated from my projects.

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought these trim pieces for the 3rd row seats on my rig. They fit perfectly but i need to glue them into place. Anybody have any suggestions on what kind of glue i can use that will actually bond plastic to carpet?

The pieces going in between the metal brackets that lock the seats in place.

View attachment 229709
If you dont mind telling... where did you buy these and what did they cost? I'm in need of a set myself...

OP
OP
Kee Fuller

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you dont mind telling... where did you buy these and what did they cost? I'm in need of a set myself...

Ebay. I paid 45 shipped for em. I decided not to glue em in. If you want em, I'll sell em to you for the same price i paid. 45 shipped

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792

Latest posts