Any regrets when getting rid of OnStar and/or truck’s Wi-Fi?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine is not a 21 but on my 12 & 18 (the 18 has wifi built in) I just threw a mobile hotspot in the console in both of them plugged into usb power. makes the kids happy and I dam sure do not need onstar for anything.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only purchase the wi-fi when going on an extended trip, 1 month for 24.99 and unlimited. Just make sure you call and cancel before they bill another month.

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OnStar is a horrible company. I went through the billing me for 3 months after I traded in a 2004 Malibu in 2008. Never did get my $90 back. Ugh.

When I get new vehicles I decline to give any credit card info on the welcome call and basically ignore OnStar. OnStar dont like it but my salesman tells them to back off.

NEVER give your credit card information to OnStar.

I think it is disgusting that GM is apparently forcing a subscription on GMC, Buick, Caddy, Corvettes. What could possibly go wrong here GM?

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will be interesting to see how the sales of the lower end GMC products sell. local dealer has about 10 terrains sitting on their lot, low to mid $30k MSRPs and everyone of them has the $1500 onstar add on. They've been sitting there for a couple weeks already and it doesn't look like any have sold yet...guess they are asking sticker. That's a pretty big add on cost for what they cost

like everything else, sales will either justify the cost or change in their pricing strategy

roggss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

Will you still able to use the navigation system without the Onstar?

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 21 Yukon and 21 Suburban have in dash navigation and it works fine. Just have to enter info at the screen in the car. I use Google maps/outlook calander through Apple Car Play so the factory Nav is pretty useless to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14