Any major issues with 2015+ Tahoe models’

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. The 2015.5 got the 8 speed. I wouldn’t wish for it, I’d wish for the 10 speed. Much better.

Well is the 8 speed something to avoid, and of so why? Also, I suspect you do not mean to say it is possible to get a 10 speed in the 15 or 16 model years?

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well is the 8 speed something to avoid, and of so why? Also, I suspect you do not mean to say it is possible to get a 10 speed in the 15 or 16 model years?
I’d avoid the 8 speed. There’s a reason it was only used from 2015.5-17. A lot of members here have also reported transmission issues/replacements and continuing issues. Also, correct, no 10 speed in 15 or 16. It’s new for 2018.

Stanky

Reaction score
65k on my 2015 LTZ Hoe, no a/c issues so far. Only the suspension issue i mentioned earlier which was completely my fault and could’ve been avoided (didn’t see a huge dip in the grass and was maybe going a little quicker than i should’ve).

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had transmission issues on my 16 escalade as well. My dads ac went out on his 15 Denali within the first year and 20K miles. 4 valves went out about 2 weeks ago and left him stranded....needless to say he sold it after that. He was experiencing the vibration issue at higher speeds too.

Brother bought a 15 Yukon new and has had the drivers seat worked on several times for a popping issue. Also had to replace the heated seat portion. The steering colum has been worked on 2-3 times because of popping issues. They have had issues with the black painted pieces coming off between the drivers/passenger windows.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo