Any major issues with 2015+ Tahoe models’

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
The Vibration problem does exist 100% I bought a 16 Escalade certified used this July with 22K and I did NOT feel any vibration on the test drive. Got it home after a 3 1/2 road trip ( wife drove home ) and I noticed it the next day. I thought it was bad wheel balance. After 13 weeks in the dealer and 2 case numbers with GM I sold the piece of junk. There is no fix if you get a bad vibrating truck period. My truck had 8 new tires, about 5 road force balances, trans fluid flush, trans valve body, torq converter, drive shaft, ring and pinion, steering wheel mounts. They checked all mounts, axels and everything on running gear and could not get rid of it. It's made headline news. I drove 3 new GM rental vehicles and they all had slight vibrations.

This is exactly why I did not buy one, it would have been a used one, but didn’t really give it too much thought after all the bad thing I have heard.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing to also consider if it matters to you is the 2014 may look dated. The 2015 (K2XX)is the newest version and the re-designed T1XX platform will be out soon. So it really depends on what body style you like best as there are a lot of difference between the two

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2020-2021..I doubt you want to buy the first year model makeover.
I’m sure he knows not to after being over at JeepGarage. First MY was a complete nightmare.
:dogpile:

Other known issue that I didn’t see mentioned is with Magnetic Ride Control. MRC tends to be garbage. Some say it’s too stiff, others too soft. Some say it feels programmed wrong or backwards. And they’re right. I’ve driven some with the same 22s and they have had a completely different ride. The shock is sensitive and has a habit to go stiff and need replaced. I personally haven’t had any issues yet.

Stanky

Reaction score
I’m sure he knows not to after being over at JeepGarage. First MY was a complete nightmare.
:dogpile:

Other known issue that I didn’t see mentioned is with Magnetic Ride Control. MRC tends to be garbage. Some say it’s too stiff, others too soft. Some say it feels programmed wrong or backwards. And they’re right. I’ve driven some with the same 22s and they have had a completely different ride. The shock is sensitive and has a habit to go stiff and need replaced. I personally haven’t had any issues yet.

Just had to replace my front struts. The absorbers went out and the front end was like sitting in a slammed Honda Civic. Damn near threw me out of my seat going over a bridge on the highway. $1800 later i have a smooth ride again.

teking

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015 Yukon Denali ..... Zero issues. ZERO. 50K+ miles Drive FL to WV to OK 3500 in one trip. What a cruser!! Love this truck. Made the trip many times in many different vehicles. This is the first vehicle I've had where I don't arrive beat down. And that includes A couple BMWs. This truck is made to cruse. I quite frankly I love the MRC on my 22s. Truck handles like no other Ive ever had. Flat in the on ramps at speed. Amazing. And holey crap when I put my foot in it ... better have it pointed!!!

Serg-214

Reaction score
Just buy it and enjoy it if you have a Tahoe in mind. You are going to hear a lot of the issues that people have had with theirs or just from what they hear from other people on here.

You will also hear not to buy a first year redesign which should come in 2-3 years.

I personally bought an early production 07 redesigned Tahoe with 0 problems in 9 years of owning it and just recently bought an 18 Denali XL with 0 issues and 3500 miles driven to date.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a loyal Chevy man, with 3 in the driveway as I type this (including a Corvette). I have owned 3 Suburbans, all of different generations (97-01-07).
Now I am ready to upgrade to a 2015 and am thinking of going with either a Denali XL or an Escalade ESV for the upgraded engine/transmission/suspension. I really do not like the idea of paying $10-20K more for those over a Sub or Yukon XL, but no 2015 LTZ's or SLT Yukon's seem to have the aforementioned features I am putting a premium on.

With all that said, I was deeply disappointed with the dashboard problems with the 07 gen line, as it also happened to my 07 Avalanche. Other issues like the peeling chrome on the door handles, A/C controls with the paint wearing off, etc. were also disconcerting.
I was hoping the 2015+ models were not plagued by such problems, but if there is a wind buffeting issue with some of them (sounds very random), that could be enough to turn me in a different direction. I go on long drives of 5 plus hours, and wind noise, much less buffeting would be a deal breaker for me. Heck part of the reason I am considering the upgrade Denali/Escalade is for the smoother ride of the mag suspension. The last thing I'd want is wind noise to drive me crazy.

Thoughts/opinions?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in same boat a few months ago and after reading of the many problems with the 15+ I decided to stick with my 13. That being said i never test drove one so before making any decisions you should go test drive many....years models makes... then make your own chiice. I personally didnt have the tine to do that, winter came up on me and i need my hoe to plow snow. I will revisit this in the spring and believe me, I'm going to test drive as many as i can before deciding z my 2 cents

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700