Any Denali Owners Found a good A Pillar Passenger Grab Handle Solution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone added an A Pillar Grab Handle on a Denali? Yes, the upper trim level scraps this wonderful feature...no clue why...but sure wish I had it.

I have the Light Shale/Teak interior...I don't think they make one in this color; perhaps if I had the black I could swap in the SLT version...but I think I am stuck...

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think that trim comes with one. the grab handles in ours is directly above the door, almost looks like it’s part of the headliner. My 2500 has the pillar handles, I prefer the pillar handles.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to retrofit the 2021 Silverado A-pillar trim with grab handle to my 2021 Tahoe. Angle of the windshield is the same, with clips in the same place. However, the dash is totally different leaving large gaps at the base of the a-pillar trim.

I’m bummed because I really appreciated this mod in my 2016. I’m worried the headliner grab handle will come off in my hand as I go sprawling someday while trying to use it.

larryo

Reaction score
Please see my post on

EducatorDan

Reaction score
Has anyone added an A Pillar Grab Handle on a Denali? Yes, the upper trim level scraps this wonderful feature...no clue why...but sure wish I had it.

I have the Light Shale/Teak interior...I don't think they make one in this color; perhaps if I had the black I could swap in the SLT version...but I think I am stuck...
Me the owner of a SLE version with a perfectly usable grab handle mounted to the A pillar upon hearing that Denali owners loose that feature:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

(DEEP BREATH)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Seriously? What idiots are running the ship at GM? I sure hope some smug self satisfied accountant is real happy with the money he saved the corporation on the models with the highest profit margins.

OP
OP
WalleyeMikeIII

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me the owner of a SLE version with a perfectly usable grab handle mounted to the A pillar upon hearing that Denali owners loose that feature:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

(DEEP BREATH)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Seriously? What idiots are running the ship at GM? I sure hope some smug self satisfied accountant is real happy with the money he saved the corporation on the models with the highest profit margins.
I believe it has to do with space. Denali’s get an A pillar speaker, which (due to poor planning) likely interferes w/ the mounting location.

Do I think this is a miss on marketing? Yes. Logic:
Higher trims are more $$ and thus likely targeted to buyers who may be less spry than those seeking lower trims (not that there aren’t plenty of spry buyers), but the mid to late career folks w/ more $$ might also need more assist to get in….I believe the A pillar handle is missing from the Caddy as well.

EducatorDan

Reaction score
I believe it has to do with space. Denali’s get an A pillar speaker, which (due to poor planning) likely interferes w/ the mounting location.

Do I think this is a miss on marketing? Yes. Logic:
Higher trims are more $$ and thus likely targeted to buyers who may be less spry than those seeking lower trims (not that there aren’t plenty of spry buyers), but the mid to late career folks w/ more $$ might also need more assist to get in….I believe the A pillar handle is missing from the Caddy as well.
GM is like a player who starts celebrating at the 10 yard line only to twist their ankle and fumble before they can get into the end zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts