Why has the Denali gone south?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larryarnoldfl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didn’t realize that the passenger grab handle had been moved in my GMC YUCON DENALI when I bought this one. It is such a problem for my elderly wife and me that I’m getting rid of the vehicle which I bought new and currently have 17,000 miles on it. I’ve also had unresolved rear seat folding problems, unresolved brake problems and windshield wiper failure while on 800 mile trip in the rain and failure again after repair. I’ve owned GMC/Suburban vehicles without interruption since 1987. No more.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and I guess, welcome to your first and only post? I was a little surprised that you didn't realize the grab handle had moved. You did look it over before purchase, right? The rest of the problems is a big concern though. What did your dealer say when you told them your plans?

OP
OP
L

Larryarnoldfl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We are guilty of not looking before we leaped. Getting a new DENALI was difficult when we bought it (COVID and supply issues) but we had great experiences with previous DENALIS. The new one cost twice as much as my 2008 model - Out the door at $92,000 vice $45,000 - but amenities like comfortable seats and ease of entry, arm rests etc are diminished. The new one definitely pulls my boat much better so that a plus.

OP
OP
L

Larryarnoldfl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The mechanics at the dealership are not as competent which is a problem throughout the service industry and not just in the automotive sector. I just tire, easily, of repeatedly going back.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t realize that the passenger grab handle had been moved in my GMC YUCON DENALI when I bought this one. It is such a problem for my elderly wife and me that I’m getting rid of the vehicle which I bought new and currently have 17,000 miles on it. I’ve also had unresolved rear seat folding problems, unresolved brake problems and windshield wiper failure while on 800 mile trip in the rain and failure again after repair. I’ve owned GMC/Suburban vehicles without interruption since 1987. No more.
Gone South? You making fun of the Confederacy? LOL

These things ought to have been resolved while under warranty. Now it seems they are on your dime. You can pay a few thousand to get everything fixed or buy another one which will be much more expensive. If you buy something less expensive, you and I know it will not be as nice. This being the end of 2023, we are in the 2024 model year and that makes your truck 7 years old and 7 years in Florida is a long time, especially if she roasts in the sun while not in use.

Do you live in West Palm? I knew a fellow with your name, served in WW2 during the Battle of the Bulge among other campaigns and engagements.

OP
OP
L

Larryarnoldfl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2021 Yukon Denali is two years old and I have an extended warranty. I’m just too old for the design and serious problems. I have no thoughts on a replacement vehicle as I’ve only bought GM vehicles starting with a Corvette in 1965.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2021 Yukon Denali is two years old and I have an extended warranty. I’m just too old for the design and serious problems. I have no thoughts on a replacement vehicle as I’ve only bought GM vehicles starting with a Corvette in 1965.
My mistake, I got yours confused with another post I was working on.

That new first year model has had some teething troubles. If the local dealership can't handle it, pick another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz