Antilock brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bankswood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I was driving home in my neighbors 03 Tahoe ( I help maintain it for her) and the anti lock brake light comes on. Cant tell any difference in braking though I didn't try to lock them up to see if the anti lock braking worked. Any suggestions or experiences that can be given are appreciated.

KrautBurner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my wife is on a road trip right now (about 1500 miles from home) and the ABS and Parking Brake lights are lit

I found some people posting (thru google) that it's the ABS module, and that it's fine to drive (ABS won't work)
and that the dealer will want about a grand to fix it, or there is a place to send in the module to get it fixed for about $150

I'm looking for more info now

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39226

I have a 2001 LT Tahoe .Ever since I bought the truck the ABS and Brake Light have been on . It has plenty of Brake fluid and stops fine when its dry. The ABS do not work . I was wondering if anyone might know what this is ? I was told it could be ABS sensor on one of the tires or where do I need to look to find these sensors .....I bought the truck from Salt Country....

Thanks

I realize this is a little old but I just had the same problem today with ABS and brake light coming on and it seems there is a ton of misinformation out there and people are needlessly trading in the trucks they love because they are told its going to cost thousands of dollars to fix this. Will this work for everyone, I doubt it.... but it just worked for me!! :D I fixed this in 5 minutes.
I found this tread and SEVERAL others about the same thing... also found repeated problems of bad grounds on the EBCM. If you have this issue I encourage you to read the attachment.
To be more specific, on a 2001 Yukon anyway there are 2 ground wires under the font of the driver's side door where the body mount is... It's about a 4 inch rubber circle. Clean and re-attach.. lights off!!!

http://www.mightyautoparts.com/pdf/articles/tt134.pdf

Warrior14

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Picked up the ABS module from a junk yard and had it installed when I had other things done to her. Been about 400 miles and so far so good. :D

KrautBurner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lights went out before she got home,
came on once about a month ago for one trip, and havn't seen since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewsTahoe