Another Denali bites the dust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
undy

undy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DAMN!! Hope she's ok!
Thanks. She appears to be fine, just some bumps, bruises and soreness. CT pictures and a physician in ER cleared her and she walked back to the car. She's sore this AM.

I got nothing but praise for the 2013 Denali, from purchased new to demise. It only had 50K miles on her. No one will ever convince me that the Yukon didn't play a large part in protecting and saving her life. I have to get another vehicle as we have 2 homes, 1000 miles apart that we spends 6 months in each. The Denali was our "back-n-forth" vehicle. A newer Yukon Denali is the only choice I will make replacing it. After 10 years of retirement I just don't have $100K+ to buy a new one and I've no interest in increasing debt. I can cough up, say around $60K for a used one. There's a Local Rick Hendrick Cadillac dealership that has a 2019 "every option" AWD/4WD Frost White Tri-coat with 47K miles that they want $59.5K for. I'm heading there tomorrow AM to check it out and negotiate.

I'm in Virginia Beach and if anyone can point towards a late model Denali for $60K or less please let me know.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks. She appears to be fine, just some bumps, bruises and soreness. CT pictures and a physician in ER cleared her and she walked back to the car. She's sore this AM.

I got nothing but praise for the 2013 Denali, from purchased new to demise. It only had 50K miles on her. No one will ever convince me that the Yukon didn't play a large part in protecting and saving her life. I have to get another vehicle as we have 2 homes, 1000 miles apart that we spends 6 months in each. The Denali was our "back-n-forth" vehicle. A newer Yukon Denali is the only choice I will make replacing it. After 10 years of retirement I just don't have $100K+ to buy a new one and I've no interest in increasing debt. I can cough up, say around $60K for a used one. There's a Local Rick Hendrick Cadillac dealership that has a 2019 "every option" AWD/4WD Frost White Tri-coat with 47K miles that they want $59.5K for. I'm heading there tomorrow AM to check it out and negotiate.

I'm in Virginia Beach and if anyone can point towards a late model Denali for $60K or less please let me know.
I'm glad she's ok. Super lucky, for sure. If possible, if it has only 50k on it, it would make an excellent donor vehicle. Maybe buy it back from the insurance company and buy another with a bad motor or trans and use your old drivetrain. Still sux either way tho.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad your wife is ok, that is a nasty wreck. Good luck with finding a replacement vehicle, I hope you find what you want. I know you mentioned you're looking for a later year model, but why not replace it with a low mileage 2013-2014 Escalade Platinum? It would save you at least 30K over buying a later body style one.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

good choice I wouldn't buy anything newer than 2020, either stick with 2010-2014 or 2018-2020, if it is the later make sure it has either a 6 speed or 10 speed, skip the 8 nothing but problems. Glad she's ok these vehicles are very safe.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score

In my opinion. That’s just too damn steep in price.

I bought a 15 Yukon Denali in 2020. I know it’s a little older. But only had 50k miles for $36k. Had every option except motorized running boards and apple car play. Added OEM equipment for about $1800 now she has the running boards (OEM) and apple car play (OEM). If I recall the window sticker was like 59k brand new at the time.

But I feel your pain. You want to replace the thing ASAP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne