Another Color Matched Nali Grille =)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally grew a pair of b@lls and said what the hell just do it. Color matched the grille with good ol' rattle cans and waiting for it to dry so I can polish and throw it on......Let me know what you guys think, should I paint the insert too? I left it chrome for now I'll see how I like it on the truck. Here's a couple pics I'll take one of it on 2morrow. *Also painted the metal bracket that's in front of the radiator so its less noticeable behind the grille.

After a few good hours (most of which was PREP) this is what I got!

Old:

PhotoMar13111555AM-1.gif

Black Coats On no Clear yet (Duplicolor Perfect Match University Black):

IMAG0101-1.gif

Finished Product:

IMAG0109.gif

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good l2yan ... slap it on take a pic and it'll be easier to tell if it will look better sans chrome. Looks pretty wicked as is though. :waytogo:

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good painted. I see leave the insert chrome.

OP
OP
l2yan

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good l2yan ... slap it on take a pic and it'll be easier to tell if it will look better sans chrome. Looks pretty wicked as is though. :waytogo:

Yep lettin it dry then gonna throw it on!

OP
OP
l2yan

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a problem, I put it back on and since my body paint is 10yrs old and the shell paint is new, it stands out from the rest of the body, I'll post some pics when it's sunny 2morrow but I was curious if I should try to dull it some or just leave it. Ugggggggggh.........My wife didn't notice the difference but I can tell big time. :emotions122:

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like its time to clay and buff the paint..... Looks good though. Leave the insert whrome for now, it matches the chrome on the rims.

GM Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just re-did mine today, except i took the chrome completely off. No more chipping! Throw some pictures up when you're done with it. :Handshake:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give the body of your denali a good detail job and it should brighten it up again.

About the insert I say leave it chrome. Provides a great contrast and looks great! Then again, I'm not real big on the all one color theme on any vehicle so I like bits of tasteful chrome accents:shrug:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660