Amp / speaker problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeykey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an mtx 1500 watt amp and two 10 inch pioneer subs in my hoe. For the past couple months, my subs will fire once or twice at random times. This occurs regardless if the radio is on or off. I also have pulled the rca cables and the problem still occurs at random times. I'd say they fire at a rate of once every other minute.

I’ve played with the adjustments on the side of the amp as well with no luck (gain, freq, etc.)

It seems like only one of three things: power wires, the amp itself (its probably 10 years old) or the subs (which are only about a year old).

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

OP
OP
M

mikeykey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran the ground wire through a hole in the body under the rear seats and out onto the frame. Wire brushed the frame, bolted, them painted to prevent rust

.....Def. not a grounding issue unless it's come loose over time. easy thing to check. Thanks.

NoChrome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where does your amp turn on line come from?

You can pull your remote turn on wire out and short the turn on terminal to the power imput, if it goes away its your remote lead. If not string a new power wire straigt from the battery, if it still happens your amp is prolly shot.

OP
OP
M

mikeykey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where does your amp turn on line come from?

You can pull your remote turn on wire out and short the turn on terminal to the power imput, if it goes away its your remote lead. If not string a new power wire straigt from the battery, if it still happens your amp is prolly shot.

Now thats some good advice!!!! wow..i'm pretty electrical savvy but didn't think of using a jumper to see if its my remote wire.

First thing i'll do is check ground, very next thing will be the remote wire. Thanks

NoChrome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do electrical work on air planes, this is my forte...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019