Am I the only one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mxguy741

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Really want one of these new Yukon’s but I just can’t stand to pay msrp+. Inventory is low and if you don’t pay full price they will be gone. I’m lucky I don’t need one a we have a 2015 grand Cherokee overland with low miles. How long am I going to have to wait until the rebates come along?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really want one of these new Yukon’s but I just can’t stand to pay msrp+. Inventory is low and if you don’t pay full price they will be gone. I’m lucky I don’t need one a we have a 2015 grand Cherokee overland with low miles. How long am I going to have to wait until the rebates come along?
if you have the means I would wait and get a low mileage cpo you get a better warranty anyway

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new Yukon’s are sick but I don’t know if I’ll ever own a brand new car. They’re just so over damn priced it doesn’t make sense. My wife drives a Mercedes cla 250. It’s $42k off the lot with the package she has but we got it for $24k. 2 years old and 15k miles. Thing is still a baby... my Yukon is a little older probably close to 6 years old and 50k miles but We only paid $35k vs a $60k window sticker.

these are the “newest” cars we have owned

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please wait. They are very problematic right now. I sure wish I did!

MJenn76

Reaction score
I ordered September 9th, she was dropped off at the dealership last night. 17 weeks with 3 major holidays. Probably bring her home Friday or Saturday, waiting on the rims. GM upped the prices on the packages at least once since then. Sticker for my Ultimate was $9,280... over $10k now. When you order, you lock your MSRP against any future jumps. If you have the luxury of time I say wait out an order. Get exactly what you want.20210105_204620.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please wait. They are very problematic right now. I sure wish I did!
I wonder if they are problematic. My Tahoe has about 3k miles and hasn't has a single mechanical problem, not one. I'm sure something will come up eventually but I'm also sure you can get on just about any forum for any new vehicle and get the impression it's problematic becasue that's the first place people go to vent frustration when they have an issue. I'm sure there are thousands of happy owners such as myself out there. I remember getting on forums when I purchased my last new vehicle 7 years ago and being terrified by what I read...well 7 years later and nothing but routine maintence expenses.

OP
OP
M

Mxguy741

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I do like buying buying new but over MSrP is crazy, one local dealer has $5000 market adjustment added to msrp and won’t budge. No fault to the dealers, if they can get it go for it..

Reaction score
Thanks SADude and Paul Steele III for the favorable comments. I too have a new 2021 Yukon (SLT) with about 2000 miles and no discernible problems. I have a long trip coming up and I get a little freaked out reading about some of the issues others are having. I tend to agree that folks more easily share issues they have had vs sharing how great the vehicle is! Heres a toast to many more issue-free miles! Regarding price, I bought in November with the family and friends discount plus the Costco $1000 discount. It was about 6.6% off msrp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645