Am i the only one that hates the 2nd row capt chairs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be pretty tight for 3 adults in the 3rd row.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The third row is adequate for three (3) average sized adults only for the shortest of trips----i.e., a trip that you would consider making on foot but it's raining and your passengers don't want to get wet.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, halfway through a work day when I'm exhausted and need a short break in the middle of detailing, I get food and park my truck somewhere shady, usually lakeside, to relax for a minute. On those days I wish I had a bench seat so I could stretch out across the middle row door to door and relax, but with my captains, the empty middle makes that challenging to say the least. Haha. But when I haul my sister's three kids up to the mountains to spend time with my mom and I, in my car it's peaceful because the three aren't together and driving each other crazy in the middle row. They are separate and it's wonderful, unlike in my sisters minivan. So when that scenario is in play I love my captains chairs. For now I'm staying with captains, and I'm ok with that. Lol.

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For that reason is why I have had captains chairs in both my suburban and my wife's Yukon xl.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The second row doesn't make much difference to me personally, but I do know that my typical passengers prefer the captain's chair rather than have a standard bench seat. My teenage daughters feel like they're riding in a jet.

wetdawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My four dogs just love the bench seat folded up in my '12 Tahoe LT. They wish the floor didnot have 3rd row seat molding too - their water bowl has been known to go rolling off of it. They especially like the REAR AIR on MAX COLD too...just saying - woof!

06 Yukon XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really hate the 2nd row capt chairs along with third row seats. I know some guys have swapped out the 2nd row bench for the capt chairs but had q anyone done the opposite? Is it a bolt in affair? How about the seat belts? I'm looking past a few 'Hoes cuz of those seats!

Sent with Tapatalk2 while planning world **********!
I don't like them either.

73impala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love rear captains. Swapped out my rear bench in my silverado and now trying to find some for my girlfriends tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts