Looking for Ideas for space between 2nd Row Capt. Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brknhal0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a 2015 Tahoe and was thinking I have a nice space between the 2nd Row Captains chairs to put a storage thing-a-ma-bobber and figured someone out there must have already come up with some great ideas. I have seen that it is possible to install a jump seat that has storage when folded flat (assuming it would bolt in plug-and-play) but wanted to see what some of your imaginations have come up with.

Pictured of what you have done would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recognize that you appear to be more interested in increased storage capacity with your question. I have a 2007 Yukon XL Denali, so additional storage space was not a priority for me. But, since you asked for examples of utilizing that open space between the captains chairs, I thought that I'd share this with you.

However, what was a priority for me was an improved audio system, so as part of my audio system upgrade, I chose to populate that space between the captains chairs with a combination sub-woofer enclosure and a table top for the occupants of the captains chairs.

The enclosure is free-standing with a quick-disconnect speaker wire, so it can be either relocated to the back of the truck, or removed entirely from the truck when circumstances dictate the need to do so.

It also serves as a footstool for my dog, who likes to stand on the enclosure with his front legs and look over my shoulder as we drive around (as evidenced by all of the white dog hair in the photo).

I would anticipate that you could potentially build a similar enclosure designed to hold 'stuff' versus a sub-woofer, and perhaps, build it taller to take advantage of available cube space between the captains chairs.

Sub-woofer Enclosure.jpg

Toomanyhobbies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad keeps a dewalt plastic tool box beteeen the seats in his 2010 Tahoe with flares, fix a flat, a blanket etc. parents have driven coast to coast twice in it and fortunately never needed it.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a front jump seat from a 2018 silverado that I just dry fit here today - leather match is spot on. Had to remove armrests which I am going to make (3d print) a cover for as the caps wont just snap back over. Also plan to wire it up so charger wires can be out of the way. Actually has a lot of storage with bottom portion. And btw - its an 8th seat if needed...
92e52b55ba00ce5b24eba750a2b7e9b0.jpg5594042f442bb8ebaa9e004f71ad9a7b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a front jump seat from a 2018 silverado that I just dry fit here today - leather match is spot on. Had to remove armrests which I am going to make (3d print) a cover for as the caps wont just snap back over. Also plan to wire it up so charger wires can be out of the way. Actually has a lot of storage with bottom portion. And btw - its an 8th seat if needed...
92e52b55ba00ce5b24eba750a2b7e9b0.jpg5594042f442bb8ebaa9e004f71ad9a7b.jpg

Look forward to seeing the final product. Please do post a thread. Awesome!!!

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the brackets in, the 3d printed covers done, and wired up the QC 3.0 panel inside. Works for now as its too damn hot the next few weeks to complete the job. Why dont I find stuff to do in the fall when its nice?9ca3dca2d9b6fb4d97d26d9d63019a80.jpgd43b8297539272f81805600fc6d11a06.jpg293ac95d51439aad718e0ef97da269ab.jpg

brianphooper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What type of floor mats are those in your pics? Do they completely cover the carpet all the way around the 2nd row buckets?

Looking to cover a ‘slit’ in my carpet from the 60/40 I just pulled out of second row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are oem chevy liners, and they completely cover all of it front to back. They cover so well in fact, its almost like I have a WT interior from the old trucks. Great for keeping carpet clean, but I would almost prefer a little carpet here and there for ambiance and sound absorption. I say 'almost' until the kids spill something else - then im good...

NoLand

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are those custom brackets? Or did you find a part number for something that’s compatible? Also, is there a seatbelt for that jump seat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec