Alternative to OE 20" Bridgestone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shahking1120

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've had the 5 spoke 20 inch wheels on my tahoe since I got it. Ive had the original set of bridgestones from the dealer in 2014, and then I installed another set Oct. 2016.

In between I had some 22" style 44(are they still called this?) on nitto 420s, those were great, especially when wet!..but very expensive now.

I really liked the nitto's but they're just not in the budget, so the 22's are out. They are now just sitting in my garage.

But I was wondering if anyone has tried and liked any of the cheaper options from discount tire for the 20 inch, 275/55-R20? or if anyone has a good recommendation for cheap tires for the 22's?

63Blackseries

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am assuming you are not going for an agressive tire look? Take a look at these tires cooper zeon ltz and falken ziex s/tz-05, reason i am suggesting them is cause from people who have owned them and giving out reviews and they have a fair price for decent performance.

mooman

Reaction score
I currently have the Sumitomos Encounters HT.
For a cheap tire, not bad. I have yet to hit up the winter in these, but for a highway/all season, they feel pretty good. I have also had the Firestone Destination AT. Pretty good. Michelin defender LTX. BETTER. COOPER A/t3 good. If it were up to me, based on they type of the driving or situation I need, i would go with the LTX Defender again.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why cheap out on what is such a huge part of the driving experience? Tires alone can completely ruin an otherwise great vehicle. Spend the money and just buy good tires. Michelin Defender LTX or the Bridgestone Dueler Alenza are going to be the best choices.

OP
OP
S

shahking1120

Reaction score
Why cheap out on what is such a huge part of the driving experience? Tires alone can completely ruin an otherwise great vehicle. Spend the money and just buy good tires. Michelin Defender LTX or the Bridgestone Dueler Alenza are going to be the best choices.

Very good point, I have never cheaped out on brakes or tires in the past on any of my vehicles.

But, I do not consider the dueler alenza a good or premium tire in my opinion, discount warrantied about 3 of them out for bubbles on the sidewall, I don't think they're quiet at all, and the rain traction sucks.

I may check out the michelin or another option, because I was truly disappointed in the bridgestones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy