Almost lost the Tahoe today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder if the cops would come faster if you caught one of those scumbags in the act and stabbed them in the eye. Just sayin.....

Gonna take longer to get the cops to show up since Denver's in discussions to defund the cops. One particular city council person is pushing that. SMH

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Gonna take longer to get the cops to show up since Denver's in discussions to defund the cops. One particular city council person is pushing that. SMH
Unbelieveable. I really can't see that happening--but if it does I'm sure it'll be like the movie "Escape from NY", with Kurt Russell, except it'll be "Escape from Denver".

OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it took over an hour for the police to show up, even though I saw two cars cruise by seemly in to no hurry to go anywhere in particular. At least they were pleasant and friendly when they did finally get there. Bet it would have been quicker if I had caught them in the act and drawn on them.

alex s

Reaction score
Somebody broke into the parking garage at work today and punched the lock out on the driver's door, ripped the column cover off and tried to force the ignition lock. They only managed to mangle it beyond all recognition and rendered it completely inoperable. Then they stole everything they could find inside and tore up a few more things. Spent 4 hours standing around waiting for the police and a tow truck, but finally got it home. Don't know yet what the extent of the damage is going to be.

Damn that sucks! Hopefully you can get it fixed quickly

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks so much. Hopefully you get it figured out and get your stuff back.
Hopefully you had some easily identifiable things stolen. If they happen to go to a pawn shop your police will have access to everything pawned ever.
So if your stuff is pawned it'll be easy to find.

Any word on surveillance from your business?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn I HATE thieves. Sure hope you get them. Same thing happened to me only I was in a movie theater. They didn’t get it started though or unlock the column. Just made a mess.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya the defund stuff is pretty funny they did a defund of the Los Angeles police department of 1 million dollars, funking laughed my ass off, the LA. p.d annual budget is guess how much??? come on think of a number, is it millions? nope, guess again 3 BILLION haha, they did it just to placate the whiners. hahaaaa a million isn't even a pin *****.

OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned up the lock cylinder with a dremel this afternoon and managed to get the key in. They destroyed the springs on the locking bar, but by lifting it with a pick while turning the key, I was able to get it started. Hopefully, I can get it in for an estimate tomorrow. There's warning lights and MIL codes all over and the AC isn't working. I hope the codes will clear and everything will go back to normal, maybe do a re-cal on the HVAC. Otherwise there may be a lot of gremlins to chase down.

Damn! this pisses me off!

I've been going through things in my mind trying to figure out what all they took. Quite a bit actually. A lot of it annoying to have to replace, but not that much value for the most part. There was a firearm though, gave the police the SN, so maybe they'll actually put some serious effort in because of that. Building manager thinks they may have a car ID'ed as a possible suspect from security footage. With covid the building has been pretty empty and they recognize the regulars since there aren't too many of us. Apparently only one unrecognized car left during the 3 hour window that I know it happened in. It would be nice if they can read the plates. Maybe they'll actually find these lowlifes, freaking dem DA probably let em go though.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667