Allstate Extended Warranty ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I'm looking at closing a deal on a 2017 Denali and the dealership has brought up the extended warranty and wondering if I would like to purchase that. The extended warranty they sell is through Allstate.....yes the same as the insurance company? I spoke with my local service manager and they haven't come across this extended warranty, so it has me wondering a bit.

Has anyone heard of this or have any experience with Allstate Extended Warranties? Any info, good and bad ?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would do a Google search for reviews but the best is GMPP. I would get a quote from the Dealers that were listed on here with discounted pricing and see if your Dealer will match. If not you can buy from one of the Dealers listed. If in Florida the prices are set by the state so no negotiating. Good luck.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are numerous posts on the extended “service contracts”. They are not warranties. There are several dealers that sell them on the internet. Lots of threads on corvette forums and here. This contracts are negotiable. Get several quotes. How many miles on the vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I don't like the "instead of" warranties. I don't like the extended warranties. All insurance companies play percentages. The contracts are always in their favor. Do they sometimes end up on the short end, sure they do but the vast majority of the time the buyer of the contract does. I have always said that if you must buy one, get the manufacturer warranty. The rest close down and you lose your money, on a regular basis. They move to another state or out of the country and open for business under another name. Way less chance of that happening with a manufacturer warranty. Never ever buy one of these before your factory warranty runs out. Duplication of time covered costs you money. Also, the reason the final deal guy pushed the Allstate coverage is that he gets a higher bonus for selling it to you.

Should never buy a new to you vehicle with the last dollars you have. I have said many times before on here that you should start ahead of a vehicle purchase and save money back every week/bi-week/month for vehicle repairs and maintenance. That is your war chest so to speak for your vehicle. If you own a vehicle you will need that from time to time but keep putting money in it. Percentages show you will come out ahead the higher % of the time. But if you must buy one for your peace of mind, good luck with that.

OP
OP
F

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are numerous posts on the extended “service contracts”. They are not warranties. There are several dealers that sell them on the internet. Lots of threads on corvette forums and here. This contracts are negotiable. Get several quotes. How many miles on the vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, poor choice of verbiage they are service contracts and I'm familiar with some, I just had never heard of Allstate doing some. I had already done some searching but there was limited info on Allstate service contracts.

The vehicle is a 2017 Denali with 25K on the clock.

OP
OP
F

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like the "instead of" warranties. I don't like the extended warranties. All insurance companies play percentages. The contracts are always in their favor. Do they sometimes end up on the short end, sure they do but the vast majority of the time the buyer of the contract does. I have always said that if you must buy one, get the manufacturer warranty. The rest close down and you lose your money, on a regular basis. They move to another state or out of the country and open for business under another name. Way less chance of that happening with a manufacturer warranty. Never ever buy one of these before your factory warranty runs out. Duplication of time covered costs you money. Also, the reason the final deal guy pushed the Allstate coverage is that he gets a higher bonus for selling it to you.

Should never buy a new to you vehicle with the last dollars you have. I have said many times before on here that you should start ahead of a vehicle purchase and save money back every week/bi-week/month for vehicle repairs and maintenance. That is your war chest so to speak for your vehicle. If you own a vehicle you will need that from time to time but keep putting money in it. Percentages show you will come out ahead the higher % of the time. But if you must buy one for your peace of mind, good luck with that.

Thanks !

I actually have never bought an extended service contract on any of our vehicles, but.......every time I purchase something different, I always check them out and ask questions.

In the end, you are basically betting X dollars that your vehicle WILL break down and your hoping the costs in the end were more then the cost of the contract.

I'm extremely fussy, particular, picky, ****.....whatever you want to call it and take care of my stuff and it tends to pay off.

Honestly, I'm thinking all pass on the extended service contract again. After all the vehicle still has factory bumper to bumper for the next 6 months.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thanks !

I actually have never bought an extended service contract on any of our vehicles, but.......every time I purchase something different, I always check them out and ask questions.

In the end, you are basically betting X dollars that your vehicle WILL break down and your hoping the costs in the end were more then the cost of the contract.

I'm extremely fussy, particular, picky, ****.....whatever you want to call it and take care of my stuff and it tends to pay off.

Honestly, I'm thinking all pass on the extended service contract again. After all the vehicle still has factory bumper to bumper for the next 6 months.

Exactly. Start, if you have not already, and save money back that is only touched for the vehicle. You will eventually need. Maintenance is always less expensive than repairs. Remember, "Maintenance pays and breakdowns cost". In the end, you will save money. The "instead of" warranty overlap comes in to play here for 6 months. Plus, the other thing the vehicle seller counts on is you rolling the cost of the contract in to your payments for a bigger kick back from the financial institution that you set up your payments for the vehicle with and then you end up paying more for the contract. Win Win for them.

OP
OP
F

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Start, if you have not already, and save money back that is only touched for the vehicle. You will eventually need. Maintenance is always less expensive than repairs. Remember, "Maintenance pays and breakdowns cost". In the end, you will save money. The "instead of" warranty overlap comes in to play here for 6 months. Plus, the other thing the vehicle seller counts on is you rolling the cost of the contract in to your payments for a bigger kick back from the financial institution that you set up your payments for the vehicle with and then you end up paying more for the contract. Win Win for them.

Ohhh no......I don't roll extra into any kind of loan!!! I want that loan as low as possible !!! No taxes, title fee, registration or an extended contract would go on any loan. I like to pay for that stuff out of pocket. If there is a loan on the vehicle....it's for the vehicle and that's it!

And yes I completely agree, maintenance is way cheaper than a break down!!!

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And need to read the fine print. Most of these companies know just what the odds are of a certain part to break and might exclude that part. The GM bumper to bumper extension is pretty iron clad and worth a higher premium I think. But it does get to a price point where that premium might pay for a couple repairs. I've had a couple policies and never came near the premium price in claims. On that late model low mileage Denali I'd not worry about any extended warranty.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That means you are way ahead with the savings amount to set aside for just the vehicle maintenance and repairs. That money is way better off there than in an "instead of" contract. Good call. Now you would be playing your percentages instead of the warranty company and you reap the benefits instead of them. Like it should be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos