Alarm system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2009 yukon has alarm problem I cant get rid of...i now cant use me keyless entry or auto start...If i lock it manualy the alarm goes offwhen the door is open....I have been told I have to go to dealership to get it fixed...is this true?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a GM remote, or some after market remote?

Thats where I would start. A new remote might fix your problem, a new battery might fix your problem.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2009 yukon has alarm problem I cant get rid of...i now cant use me keyless entry or auto start...If i lock it manualy the alarm goes offwhen the door is open....I have been told I have to go to dealership to get it fixed...is this true?
Any locksmith can program new keys and fobs for you for much less than the dealer would charge. My guess is you have a dead battery in your key fob.

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can the system be shut off? I only have one remote and two keys. Not concerned over the security provided
Since your ignition key is separate from the remote FOB, the theft system is disabled during the remote FOB programming procedure. Key inserted into ignition during programming procedure disables theft system. Theft system should not be a problem if using the the correct key while reprogramming FOBs.

1708204252852.png

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since your ignition key is separate from the remote FOB, the theft system is disabled during the remote FOB programming procedure. Key inserted into ignition during programming procedure disables theft system. Theft system should not be a problem if using the the correct key while reprogramming FOBs.

View attachment 421696
To close this thread I have an update from the original poster. He was able to program his original key to the car, but the car had to be running. This is contrary to the directions that had the vehicle in the on but not running state. The replacement fobs that were purchased were not a match for the vehicle. I'm not the OP can a moderator mark this closed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz