Airlift 1000 helper bags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danielgreig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the real min and max psi is for the AirLift 1000 60748 helper bags is? Their website says min 5 psi and max 25 psi but the max seems a bit low to me. I am looking for an inline pressure switch to turn on and off my stock Tahoe compressor.

Thanks

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much pressure do you need?

I've never towed with mine yet but my truck starts to lift up at 7psi.

OP
OP
Danielgreig

Danielgreig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the plan is to use the stock compressor from my disabled autoride and hard wire it in with a pressure switch to keep the bags above the min. psi but without over inflating them beyond what they can handle. The pressure switch is really just to keep the bags form under inflating or over inflating at all times. I just started investigating the idea of using some of the stock autoride components and making them work with helper bags that I just ordered. I don't know if it will all work out but why not try right? So with the stock compressor, autoride level rod thing, pressure switch, and some helper bags, and some other small components, I was trying to see what I can come up with. Let me know your thoughts...

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
35 psi and i used the wireless air with my helper bags on my truck worked great.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I've ran 35psi without issue as well, tows great. I think 40+ is pushing it but 30-35 is fine.