Airbag Light on B0084

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mindhacker999

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I have an air bag light on and need help diagnosing it. After using a scan tool I got a code B0084 (second row center seatbelt load limiter deployment control). After doing research a lot of people said it was the front impact sensor right but after swapping it and even replacing the sensor the light wouldn't go away. When I unplug left sensor I get B0103 but B0084 stays. Any ideas what could be going on? I have already looked at the wires under the passenger seat it looks good.
Thank you for your help have an amazing day!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi I have an air bag light on and need help diagnosing it. After using a scan tool I got a code B0084 (second row center seatbelt load limiter deployment control). After doing research a lot of people said it was the front impact sensor right but after swapping it and even replacing the sensor the light wouldn't go away. When I unplug left sensor I get B0103 but B0084 stays. Any ideas what could be going on? I have already looked at the wires under the passenger seat it looks good.
Thank you for your help have an amazing day!
where did you get "second row centerxxxxx" from ?
b0084 is right front impact sensor

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving probing questions from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

OP
OP
mindhacker999

mindhacker999

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you so much for all the responses. Okay I figured it out. It's so weird B0084 is drivers side seat position sensor and I am assuming B0083 is passenger side. Was able to fix it by fixing the wire going to the seat position sensor

If anyone is ever stuck and stumbles on this here is what I found on some variants it might be like this:
B0084 - drivers side seat position sensor
B0083 - passenger side seat position sensor
B0103 - passenger side front impact sensor
B0104 - driver side front impact sensor.

I thought Yukon and Avalanches have everything same because I have a yukon as well and everything was in the same place and same looking I even have some of yukon parts on my Avalanche thats why I posted it in this forum

Dron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this problem on my Yukon 2500. I was looking for the sensor for a some time. I have used sensors from 2003 Sierra 2500 and 2003 Tahoe. Youkan has different plug configuration.

Hank Schlesinger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

My first thought was the sensor replacement, that I read about so often. Is there a front impact sensor, center and a left and right sensor?
hello Folks my first time on the forum, I see all these B0084 discussions and i have that code, I have replaced the sensor and prior to replacing I got about 4 ohms resistance. it seems like the ABS module is shorting out the sensor and after I installed the senser same code so I pulled the sensor and the resistance was 0 it was an open circuit. I didn't see where anyone was disconnecting the battery prior to replacement is that what your supposed to do disconnect the battery?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts