Airaid Jr.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spy Dora the Explorer

lol. My kids books are taking over MY office... :D

I got the tube on, but forgot to grab the torx bit to change the filter. I'll finish it up tonight.

Might take a picture, but I think y'all know what it looks like by now :lol2:

Jmad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all! Great forum!! Based on this thread I purchased and installed the Airaid Jr Kit on my 07 Tahoe Z71. I can definitely feel/hear the difference when I get on it.

I do have a question though. After going over everything (after the install) I realized I did not disconnect the battery cable prior to install. Is this an issue as far as computer/engine communication with the new intake? I Probably ovetthinkig this!!

Thanks again for the great info provided here!!

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might take a picture, but I think y'all know what it looks like by now :lol2:

Yep :hands:

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

I do have a question though. After going over everything (after the install) I realized I did not disconnect the battery cable prior to install. Is this an issue as far as computer/engine communication with the new intake? I Probably ovetthinkig this!!

I have NOT, What about you MACHO?

OP
OP
MACHO

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all! Great forum!! Based on this thread I purchased and installed the Airaid Jr Kit on my 07 Tahoe Z71. I can definitely feel/hear the difference when I get on it.

Thanks again for the great info provided here!!

You're welcome! There is a ton of knowledge on TYF. I've learned lots from all our members here.

Regarding the battery: I believe that is purely a liability/safety procedure. I.e you're wrenching on the intake and your kiddo hops in the cab, starts it up, and bam, you catch a finger in the belt an lose it thru one of the pulleys...

You do bring up a very valid point which is addressed in this thread:
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44858

See post #15 thru #19

I haven't done this, because I just got my AutoCal from Blackbear Performance and will be tuning it.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got it all installed. Sounds good on WOT, but can hardly hear it under normal driving conditions.

Now I can hear both the intake and exhaust during WOT, so it's perfect.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turbo6111

Latest posts