Air shock conversion kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan2002

Reaction score
i have my 2002 denali, had it for about 5 years and over the years the air ride hasnt been properly working.

compressor is shot,both rear air shocks are leaking, front shocks seem to be rusted.

i ran across this "Suncore" conversion kit,

has anyone ever used it? or any other recommendations on removing air ride and use normal shocks.

link to suncore kit
https://www.carid.com/2002-gmc-yuko...ive-to-passive-conversion-kit-3937156476.html

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t have personal experience with Suncore, but I have heard a lot of guys comment on how Suncore is junk and won’t last. I have experience with other knock off brands and can attest to them not lasting. You get what you pay for unfortunately when it comes to air shocks for these rigs. The popular way to go is arnott air shocks. I now have them and love them. Have not had any issues with the arnott shocks. They make passive air shocks as well as direct replacement auto ride capable sets. They can be had from rock auto for a good price. And I believe there’s a current discount code here from rock auto as there a forum vendor. I went with a dorman compressor and have not had any sissies with it whatsoever. Some guys say they won’t use the dorman unit, and some won’t use the arnott compressor. All I can say is my doorman compressor has not given me any issues whatsoever.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I was doing a conversion to regular shocks I’d go with a kit from Arnott. Suncore? Not so much.

E-Force

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have my 2002 denali, had it for about 5 years and over the years the air ride hasnt been properly working.

compressor is shot,both rear air shocks are leaking, front shocks seem to be rusted.

i ran across this "Suncore" conversion kit,

has anyone ever used it? or any other recommendations on removing air ride and use normal shocks.

link to suncore kit
https://www.carid.com/2002-gmc-yuko...ive-to-passive-conversion-kit-3937156476.html
this reply is way late, but I had bad luck with SunCore. Their replacement rear shocks acturally broke - I mean the shock housing actually broke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos