Air Shock Boots / Dust Covers Z55 RPO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock Auto has new GM units with a lifetime warranty for $290. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=7179908&cc=1433415&pt=7556&jsn=485

I installed these a couple of years ago on both of my XL Denalis and I tow a 7500 lb camper. They're good as new. I also installed the Dorman compressor on my '07 which is a good unit.

have you ever checked to see what kinda pressure you're seeing while towing that big camper?

I searched around before my first trip and posts I found had me not wanting to go to high

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, so compressor must be cycling on the circuit breaker. No air out the tubes :(

Yukon still stays relatively level, despite loads. Good springs. No drivability issues noticed yet.

Saw that there are rebuilt units from Arnott (distributors only, grr), but will they rebuild mine for future use, or would I just sell my old ones now and buy rebuilds in future? I already have a spare set ready to go on.

Does anybody rebuild these things, other than possibly Arnott?

I found a thing in my software once saying the normal operation is for the computer to test it a few minutes after starting each time by releasing some air and seeing the ride height sensors signal move and then run the pump for 30sec to see it come back up as a self diagnostic.

I wonder if that's incorrect because with your bags blown out, I'd think it would set a code.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t, but that’s a great idea. Since I’m towing this weekend, I will see what I can find out.

I had found a thread on this forum that said 20ish psi unloaded. 80 max shock, 120 max pump and 150 a guy blew a line off.

seemed reasonable. so I adjusted the car to get 80ish psi tonuge weight. towed great even thru nasty road construction but car sure seemed further back on the trailer than you normally see. I don't think it's you can move. weight on a rv. so got me curious what you see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094