Air ride Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done a lot of resurch on my 2008 escalade air ride but I am unable to find the answer to my question.
Does anyone know if the leveling sensors on the control arms reset if power is dropped to the air ride system? Meaning if someone was to lower there esky and pull battery power, would the air ride brain think its sitting level or at normal ride height and go off its new sensor level position? My issue is i lowered the front 2.5" and the rear 5ish but after i did this the air ride wanted to jack the rear back up because my sensors saw the different suspension position. I then bent the sensor bars and also put spacers under the sensor itself to lift it a 1/4 inch so the bags don't try to jack it up. Now i got it sitting perfect. I do fear that i am hurting my compressor tho because after 24 hours of sitting, the rear will lower almost on bump stops .5" - .75" and when i start it it will pump the bags up to put it back at my ride height.

In short,
Can i remove my sensor spacers and straiten my sensor bars if i pull battery power so my air ride will think and work like stock. Another reason behind this question is if my rear is lifted off the ground, I am afraid my sensors will break from the lack of travel.

unnamed (5).jpg

djscrubb

Reaction score
Pretty sure the suspension has a memory and you can't trick it to think it's at factory ride height

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just remove the links and shorten them appropriately. threads about this can be found if you search. common practice.

OP
OP
justinesky

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just remove the links and shorten them appropriately. threads about this can be found if you search. common practice.

I have done my fair share of searching. I already bent my rods but my fear is if i were to put my esky on a lift, my rods are now to short and will break my leveling sensors as the tires leave the ground.

emay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those leveling sensors articulate quite far and no less than several hundred of us have lowered as far if not farther than yourself, adjusting the rod length has not posed any problems. Get yourself a section of 10-24 all thread rod cut to desired length and you will be fine.

My ESV dumps air when I key off (about 8-10 seconds after ignition off). I physically hear it exhale and I lose 3/4 of an inch when it does. Same as you, my compressor airs it up when I get back in. Been this way for over a year now, compressors holding strong.

OP
OP
justinesky

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those leveling sensors articulate quite far and no less than several hundred of us have lowered as far if not farther than yourself, adjusting the rod length has not posed any problems. Get yourself a section of 10-24 all thread rod cut to desired length and you will be fine.

My ESV dumps air when I key off (about 8-10 seconds after ignition off). I physically hear it exhale and I lose 3/4 of an inch when it does. Same as you, my compressor airs it up when I get back in. Been this way for over a year now, compressors holding strong.

Will do! Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts