Air ride compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DStockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure its been brought up before but has anyone replaced their stock air ride compressor and where is the cheapest place to get one?

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 on the Arnott....replaced mine not too long ago...easy to do besides the 3 mounting bolts snapping off-and make sure you have a large set of adjustable pliers and a vise to take the dryer apart.....

08xldenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New member / first time poster ... I have a CPO 08 Denali XL that's still under warranty, about 40k miles on it. How do you tell when the autoride pump is shot? Mine turns on when I have the slightest load in the back (say, a 75# kid in the third row and some groceries in the cargo area) and it never seems to shut off. It also sounds like the compressor the clown at the boardwalk uses to blow up the balloons for the dart game. Is that the way all of these things sound? I'm thinking no, and the truck's got a bad compressor and / or blown shocks. The rear suspension also is pretty clunky over anything more than a slightly rough road.

Donnyballgame

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New member / first time poster ... I have a CPO 08 Denali XL that's still under warranty, about 40k miles on it. How do you tell when the autoride pump is shot? Mine turns on when I have the slightest load in the back (say, a 75# kid in the third row and some groceries in the cargo area) and it never seems to shut off. It also sounds like the compressor the clown at the boardwalk uses to blow up the balloons for the dart game. Is that the way all of these things sound? I'm thinking no, and the truck's got a bad compressor and / or blown shocks. The rear suspension also is pretty clunky over anything more than a slightly rough road.

It's not hard to slide under the truck and look at teh air lines and boots on the shocks. I could hear the air leaking out of my shock boots after the compressor shut off. Sounds like you may be ready for a pair of shocks if the ride quality is that bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove

Latest posts