air intake sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2007tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was wondering from the people that have heard different intakes on a 2007 tahoe. I did the search but couldnot find exactly what I am looking for. I have had many intakes in the past from k&n, volant, aem, ect but not on a tahoe. I had the volant on a 06 titan but when I got on it I was afraid it was going to suck people off the side walk going down the street! I mean it was so loud it would make the floorboard viberate. I know I could just go with a k&n drop in but what fun would that be. I am going to put a bb tune in the future. Ultimate goal is mpg. I know it will be louder but the tahoe is my wife's dd and the intake willnot stay on long if it too loud. Thanks for any info!

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
i love my enclosed volant. Nice and quiet normal driving, Mean when its wot

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
^^ I have the volant as well and just a throatier sound when it gets into the higher RPM.

ckl5899

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a K&N 77 series on my 11 Tahoe. It growls when you get on it. To me it almost sounded like a BOV when I was listening to it with the hood open. When going down the road and you get on it you hear it suck, growl, and then when it lets go you get an almost BOV sound. All in all I like, waiting to see MPG results.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the K&N, and it seems like all CAI for the Tahoe are pretty close in performance gain (minimal) and sound. Just get one for a good price and build quality. IMO stay away from intakes with just a heat sheild (not enclosed).

Those with Volants, did they ever solve that CEL issue. Seems like this was more common for 09+.

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had a recall on the titans due to pulling people into the system, we had to ship many people back and im sad to say it was a costly mistake on Volant part..... The issue with the Titan is its a 5.6L in a tiny engine compartment which makes a sharp 90 degree bend and that's where the noise comes from, The 4.8-6.2L are a totally different system and carry a different db note. Zed if you order the new part number 15453 it uses a filter adapter so theres on chance of damaging the thin piece of plastic between the sensor hole and key hole this and not disconnecting the battery cable were the major causes of the check light's

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Airaid CAI and love it. Volant/Airaid/K&N are my top 3. They all basically do the same thing though and with a tune I hear these things really do help.

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my aFe on the Tahoe as well as past vehicles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts