Air distribution box assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadowz Edge

Reaction score
Hi folks.

Vehicle in question is a 99 Tahoe 4dr.

I have been unsuccessful in locating a complete air distribution box assembly locally. My current box is full of cracks and some parts just flat out holes in it. I do not have any heat or cooling so I'm limited in when I can drive it. Any help would be greatly appreciated in helping me locate one so I can start driving it year round especially during winter.

Thank you in advance.

OP
OP
Shadowz Edge

Shadowz Edge

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that I'm located in Casper, WY

I know, I know that Wyoming doesn't exist to several people lol

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks.

Vehicle in question is a 99 Tahoe 4dr.

I have been unsuccessful in locating a complete air distribution box assembly locally. My current box is full of cracks and some parts just flat out holes in it. I do not have any heat or cooling so I'm limited in when I can drive it. Any help would be greatly appreciated in helping me locate one so I can start driving it year round especially during winter.

Thank you in advance.
My suggestion would be to remove the assembly. Take lots of pictures. Clean the parts really well with isopropyl alcohol, and use Plastic Weld Epoxy on any cracks. For holes I would get some pieces of plastic of the same thickness, and epoxy in some patches. At this stage, I would think that Pick a Part auto wreckers would be your best bet, and at least you will have experience in removing and installing the assemblies, and have good pictures of the pieces you are trying to source.

I used to use some stuff called “Plasti Weld” on Bell 212 helicopter plastic air distribution plenums. They would crack and lose pieces. Since they were over 40 years old, and not procurable anymore.

Maybe you can get lucky, and find someone parting out their vehicle.

OP
OP
Shadowz Edge

Shadowz Edge

Reaction score
My suggestion would be to remove the assembly. Take lots of pictures. Clean the parts really well with isopropyl alcohol, and use Plastic Weld Epoxy on any cracks. For holes I would get some pieces of plastic of the same thickness, and epoxy in some patches. At this stage, I would think that Pick a Part auto wreckers would be your best bet, and at least you will have experience in removing and installing the assemblies, and have good pictures of the pieces you are trying to source.

I used to use some stuff called “Plasti Weld” on Bell 212 helicopter plastic air distribution plenums. They would crack and lose pieces. Since they were over 40 years old, and not procurable anymore.

I've checked at my 2 salvage yards here locally and it was a wash. My next nearer ones are anywhere from 3-5 hours away. I'll have to check back out there again next weekend but also finding someone parting out their rig up here is also very low but we'll keep my eyes open.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've checked at my 2 salvage yards here locally and it was a wash. My next nearer ones are anywhere from 3-5 hours away. I'll have to check back out there again next weekend but also finding someone parting out their rig up here is also very low but we'll keep my eyes open.
This YouTube guy is pretty good showing the components:

Is this one of the parts you need?

GM parts direct:

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

X2 on the plastic weld repair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter