Air conditioning clutch air gap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where a guy can get different shims to sent the clutch air gap on the ac compressor? The gap on my Silverado is .040 and spec is .020 to .035. Just got enough gap to not pull it in unless tapped.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try here-

OP
OP
Mudsport96

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after actually removing the clutch assembly and looking at it, the thing was beyond just shimming to spec.
So i did what any red blooded midwesterner would do.... i went to the you-pull and grabbed a couple for 18 bucks. Shims and all. Installed, measure, remove, change shims, reinstall, measure. Good at .022 inches. Cycle a dozen times to make sure all is good and ac works great. Already tossed the old one before i thought about taking a picture. But it was down to the rivets, so yeah it was shot.
Baling wire the remaining shims to the other you-pull spare and on the shelf it went... next to the spare 706s, spare alternator, rockers and lifter trays and accelerator pedal and tac modules.