Aftermarket head unit swap in your PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posted purposely in this sub-forum

Have any of you guys installed an aftermarket head unit into your PPV or SSV? I searched, all I can find in the last thread was @Ron C and his OEM/Nav swap. Not interested in that, specifically looking for a unit with internal BT and AndroidAuto, but more importantly looking to see what route you guys went with adapter harnesses, etc.

I think its safe to assume that no PPV came with Bose or Nav. Besides the antenna adapter, the only thing really needed to retain are the door chimes and in my case, steering wheel controls (I swapped wheels). Just seeing if anyone had any input on what they have used, if they were happy, or what route they would take if they had to do it all over again.

TIA

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the pioneer avic 7200 in my truck. I have the Metra ax-gmlan29-swc to retain my steering wheel controls. My truck still got the stealth mode so the door chimes dont work

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the pioneer avic 7200 in my truck. I have the Metra ax-gmlan29-swc to retain my steering wheel controls. My truck still got the stealth mode so the door chimes dont work
if you have added the dic buttons then the chime volume control should be in the menu with a choice of high/med/low/off, unless it is somehow completely programmed out?

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have a pioneer head unit. Originally had a PAC interface and it constantly cut out and buttons would work intermittently. I now have a maestro interface and it’s worked flawless. Also has a neat gauge feature. I replaced my door speakers when I got it due to them all being broke one way or another. Left the stock wiring.

badandyturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Pioneer unit with a Metro harness. It retains the chime but through the adapter itself, not the truck speakers. I also rewired each speaker to an aftermarket amp.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have added the dic buttons then the chime volume control should be in the menu with a choice of high/med/low/off, unless it is somehow completely programmed out?

Yea i dont have that chime feature in my dic

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have a pioneer head unit. Originally had a PAC interface and it constantly cut out and buttons would work intermittently. I now have a maestro interface and it’s worked flawless. Also has a neat gauge feature. I replaced my door speakers when I got it due to them all being broke one way or another. Left the stock wiring.

I have a Pioneer unit with a Metro harness. It retains the chime but through the adapter itself, not the truck speakers. I also rewired each speaker to an aftermarket amp.
Which head units do you guys have? Anyone use AndroidAuto?

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an avh-1300NEX with apple CarPlay. Works flawless. I know the higher end ones will do wireless now, unsure about the android version

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094