Aftermarket Head Unit on with Remote Start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone wired up their aftermarket head unit to turn on when you remote start with factory remote start system? If so, how can it be done?

ARTEMIS1759

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You should just need to find the power wire that supplies the power to the starter when the button is pushed and splice in the only fore seeable problem maybe would be tapping into that wire you will need to make sure it has the proper amount of voltage.

OP
OP
S

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am aware how to do it. Just wondering if anyone has done it and can tell me where I can find a good ignition controlled source so I don't have to go around poking and praying.

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
i have never tryed that. i like taht the radio dosnt turn on. wake up in the winter and remote start it, leave the radio on loud the day b4 and ur going to wake up the house. so now u trun off the truck but the radio still plays for 10 or untill u open a door.

OP
OP
S

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only reason I was thinking about wiring it to start with remote start was to cut down on the boot time of the head unit. Looking at some review videos, it looks like the boot time is like 10-15 seconds. Though I didn't think about retained power if I decide to shut down remote start.

I will lose RAP if I wire up to a 12v switched anyway won't I?

OP
OP
S

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RAP=Retained Accessory Power (power after the key is turned off for 10mins or until driver door is opened). Looking at some youtube reviews, it was like 15-20 seconds for start up. Factory HU is instant.

OP
OP
S

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I could lose RAP. I have no idea how they are doing their wiring these days. I have not wired up a system latley.