After five wonderful years, my Rosen GM1210 has finally died.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justbabs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought the Rosen GM1210 about 5-1/2 years ago. I chose it for the NAV, back up camera ability, and plug and play ease of install. Now, it is stuck on the start up screen. Back up camera, not working. Satellite Radio, not working, NAV system, not working, and all I can do is change the FM radio stations, using the knob on the radio. Reset many times, unplugged the fuse, no luck. Found a link to a possible repair, but it seems it does not resolve the problem.
I'm looking for a reasonably priced replacement for this to install in my 2011 Tahoe. Need Satellite, NAV and back up camera capability. Apple car play or Android car play, meh, not necessary. Can anyone point me in the direction of something?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is the only one I can think of that is or was in the same league. It's out of stock but you might give them a call on Monday.

OP
OP
justbabs

justbabs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

This is the only one I can think of that is or was in the same league. It's out of stock but you might give them a call on Monday.
Thank you. I'll try calling them on Monday. I don't want to wait until 2023, even if it is just a few months. I'm waiting to hear from Walt at ADC Mobile, to see if they have a solution.

Last edited:
OP
OP
justbabs

justbabs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Somebody posted this link, and I checked it out. https://www.ebay.com/itm/302780028891?var=601663519207I I wrote them about my issue, and he responded with a price of $295 to have the unit fixed. Still going to wait and see what Walt has to say. I like to have options. I really like this Rosen unit and don't want to spend too much to fix, or replace it. I'm probably not keeping the truck much longer.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the Rosen GM1210 about 5-1/2 years ago. I chose it for the NAV, back up camera ability, and plug and play ease of install. Now, it is stuck on the start up screen. Back up camera, not working. Satellite Radio, not working, NAV system, not working, and all I can do is change the FM radio stations, using the knob on the radio. Reset many times, unplugged the fuse, no luck. Found a link to a possible repair, but it seems it does not resolve the problem.
I'm looking for a reasonably priced replacement for this to install in my 2011 Tahoe. Need Satellite, NAV and back up camera capability. Apple car play or Android car play, meh, not necessary. Can anyone point me in the direction of something?
I’ve had a Chinese Xtrons Android-based head unit in my 2007 for 3 years and love it. Similar to this:

SWTNVIN Car Stereo Radio Android 11 DVD Player for GMC Sierra Yukon Chevrolet Buick Chevy Silverado Double Din 7 inch Multimedia Radio Navi Support WiFi BT Steering Wheel Octa-core 2G RAM 32G ROM https://a.co/d/5mHtMmf

OP
OP
justbabs

justbabs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve had a Chinese Xtrons Android-based head unit in my 2007 for 3 years and love it. Similar to this:

SWTNVIN Car Stereo Radio Android 11 DVD Player for GMC Sierra Yukon Chevrolet Buick Chevy Silverado Double Din 7 inch Multimedia Radio Navi Support WiFi BT Steering Wheel Octa-core 2G RAM 32G ROM https://a.co/d/5mHtMmf
Thanks. I'll look into that!

WickedGoat

Reaction score
Thank you. I'll try calling them on Monday. I don't want to wait until 2023, even if it is just a few months. I'm waiting to hear from Walt at ADC Mobile, to see if they have a solution.
I know this thread is a little old, but I wanted to know if you ever got this fixed. I have a 1210 in my Impala and it is stuck on the boot up screen also. Been like this for a while and I haven’t decided if I want to send it to the eBay guy or attempt it myself with the provided instructions.

OP
OP
justbabs

justbabs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this thread is a little old, but I wanted to know if you ever got this fixed. I have a 1210 in my Impala and it is stuck on the boot up screen also. Been like this for a while and I haven’t decided if I want to send it to the eBay guy or attempt it myself with the provided instructions.
Yes I did send to the eBay guy. It was a quick turnaround and it’s working great. Very happy.

OP
OP
justbabs

justbabs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is that all he fixed or did he go through the radio and fix whatever he may have seen wrong?
He knew what the problem was. Here is the message I got from him before I sent it in.
Your previous message
Daniel,

Thank you for the clarification. I'll get the unit out and send it in shortly.

Chris​
tbotb:
Hello
Your unit has issue with frozen status that main PCBs must be replaced. You would select frozen status ($295) to have the unit fixed.
Thanks
Daniel​
Your previous message
I have a ROS-CS-GM1210-CA unit. The unit starts up, and shows the boot screen. The radio is confined to the FM Band, adjustable with the right side knob. Steering wheel controls don't work, neither do any of the function buttons along either side. Back camera does not work either. I have tried the reset button. Problem persists. I see three different prices to repair this. Can you provide me with a quote please?
Thank you​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick