AFM delete / Tuner for 2011 Yukon Denali 6.2 Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I had to go on was what Lew told me. Maybe his custom tune didn’t have any e85 fuel maps? Perhaps the canned tunes run just fine with e85? Maybe Lew didn’t check my specs before responding to my inquiry? Goofy is still a douche…

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not to stick my nose in where it don’t belong but I think Diablo is saying they don’t have tables to adjust the tunes for E85. Meaning the tables stay stock. So Goofeyguy is right and CaptainPrick1 is wrong.
Exactly, spark and fueling are handled separately for E85 on flex fuel calibrations. Diablosport doesn't do anything with these on our vehicles so the factory GM E85 cals are used.

Lew and Diablosport can't do anything with them.

That doesn't mean that you can't run E85 with a Diablosport tuner, or as CaptainPrick1 said, that you'll lose the Flex Fuel capability. Which is false.

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Exactly, spark and fueling are handled separately for E85 on flex fuel calibrations. Diablosport doesn't do anything with these on our vehicles so the factory GM E85 cals are used.

Lew and Diablosport can't do anything with them.

That doesn't mean that you can't run E85 with a Diablosport tuner, or as CaptainPrick1 said, that you'll lose the Flex Fuel capability. Which is false.
It was my understanding that yes, the E85 tables are still there but you don’t have the ability to adjust those tables with the DiabloSport. But I never used that tuner so that’s just me ASSUMING from what I’ve read.
But I don’t have a dog in this fight. I just wanted to say that I would swap the AFM stuff out because they are a bad design.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Just to further muddy the waters...

My truck is running a custom tune by Lew and it works just fine on E85.

Lew is hard to get a straight, understandable, answer out of because he is so busy.

I went back and forth with him on this same E85 question before I was finally satisfied with his explanation.

As others have mentioned, he has no way to adjust the E85 tables but they are still functional within his custom tune.

For the record, I always hate to see productive members of a forum come to blows over something so trivial.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu