AFM delete / Tuner for 2011 Yukon Denali 6.2 Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Opinions are fine and assistance is appreciated, but your demeanor and condescending attitude isn't.

All would've been fine and figured out without all this drama if you weren't a dick about it to begin with.

But I see none of that's gonna change, as apparent from the previous two posts from you above.

I'm done with this thread, so say what you want about me, call me names, whatever.

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a mistake man, I admitted it and you’re still being rude. I don’t know what else I can do to soothe your fragile ego.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be nicer to each other.

And stay on topic.

This is your one warning.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posted in the wrong year forum. Reposting here.....

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I think I would be OK with just turning off the AFM, but if it's $200 for just that and for $265 I can get a tuner then I would prefer the tuner for the octane I run, tire monitor, performance tuning, trans tuning, rev limiter, top speed adjust, etc....

I guess yeah, I normally run 87 octane so tuning it/adjusting it for that would be nice to have too.

I thought I seen the "range" for $200 and only does the AFM delete.

Hypertech 3300 does all of these??
Performance tuning
Transmission tuning
Top speed adjustment
Rev limiter adjustment
Speedometer correction
Fuel management
Tire pressure monitoring system
Return back to factory settings
Diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs)
Internet updatable

for $264. (on carid.com)

Does that sound right?
(or do I need the 3000 or 3050 for $476)
carid.com shows exact same for all 3 kinds......

Please point me in the right direction - not looking for the cheapest, but hoping if I went with a tuner it would be $400 or under...

Thank you for any help!!!!
I'm still looking in this original post to see the year of the vehicle being worked on... But I guess I'm too ignorant to "know" the specs of this particular vehicle to be of any help as I tried to help out others. So things like "you didn't see the year in the original post" kind of get to me a bit. This entire thread has been a total shitshow. Rudeness from the beginning. People being snarky, etc... I even posted back up after quite a while that the OP has disappeared and not responded to anyone trying to help, This is BS and not why I joined and try to help others

OP
OP
J

Johnniev57

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Foggy, if you're speaking to me about the year.... It is in the title.........
And yeah, wow, this thread turned into a Facebook post......

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posted in the wrong year forum. Reposting here.....

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I think I would be OK with just turning off the AFM, but if it's $200 for just that and for $265 I can get a tuner then I would prefer the tuner for the octane I run, tire monitor, performance tuning, trans tuning, rev limiter, top speed adjust, etc....

I guess yeah, I normally run 87 octane so tuning it/adjusting it for that would be nice to have too.

I thought I seen the "range" for $200 and only does the AFM delete.

Hypertech 3300 does all of these??
Performance tuning
Transmission tuning
Top speed adjustment
Rev limiter adjustment
Speedometer correction
Fuel management
Tire pressure monitoring system
Return back to factory settings
Diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs)
Internet updatable

for $264. (on carid.com)

Does that sound right?
(or do I need the 3000 or 3050 for $476)
carid.com shows exact same for all 3 kinds......

Please point me in the right direction - not looking for the cheapest, but hoping if I went with a tuner it would be $400 or under...

Thank you for any help!!!!
So what if anything did you wind up doing Johnny?

OP
OP
J

Johnniev57

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ended up getting a diablo i3 tuner. $350 off eBay. I just turned off the AFM and did a small increase in shift firmness for now. I didn't really look into it anymore yet. The change from V4 to V8 back and forth bugged me and I wanted that gone first - so very happy now!
Now the only other thing that really bothers me is the lag on the throttle, I don't think the Diablo has this kind of adjustment, does it? I was told about a pedal commander, but not sure if I can use it when I have a parameter change in there from the Diablo. At least the AFM is gone.
I've also been running premium in it now with other's suggestions. I think it is a little happier, but this is our family truckster so I don't race it around town much.

Attachments

• yukon.jpeg
    yukon.jpeg
    233.2 KB · Views: 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues