Advice on knock sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewtx154

Reaction score
Maybe a lil late in the topic but I just did this job a few weeks before you made this post I went AC Delco for both sensors and harness... I got the harness off Amazon Genuine GM 12601822 Knock Sensor... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F676FH4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Sensors from Summit Racing part # ADO-213-3521
Went with Mahle valve cover gaskets and Felpro on valley cover and intake man. Was surprised to find out that my knock sensors weren't even connected to the harness once I got down there. Have had zero problems with any of these parts since...

Logani

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you. I did this about 2 months ago and the codes keep coming back. It's probably my fault for going cheap. I used a cheap kit from amazon that came with off-brand sensors and harness for around $22. I did my homework AFTERwards, unfortunately. Lessons learned. I'm about to order parts again. Question, Drew, why did you go with sensors from Summit? Isn't there a $35 OE sensor on Amazon? Just curious. Also, is it ok to reuse the intake gaskets? (Again, they're 2 months old).

Attachments

• 20221118_160322.jpg
    20221118_160322.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221124_110329.jpg
    20221124_110329.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221118_164557.jpg
    20221118_164557.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 3

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you. I did this about 2 months ago and the codes keep coming back. It's probably my fault for going cheap. I used a cheap kit from amazon that came with off-brand sensors and harness for around $22. I did my homework AFTERwards, unfortunately. Lessons learned. I'm about to order parts again. Question, Drew, why did you go with sensors from Summit? Isn't there a $35 OE sensor on Amazon? Just curious. Also, is it ok to reuse the intake gaskets? (Again, they're 2 months old).
you should be ok reusing them intake gaskets. as long as all the seal areas are not damaged. sadly oem delco knock sensors are 35-40 bucks each, the harness should be replaced, thats like 22 bucks. then if you have them foam pads that are supposed to seal water out, rtv them in place to make em actually seal water out. and the tq spec matters also. 14 fp. iirc. been a while.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally don't trust Amazon for sensors, despite being labeled OE or GM. Lots of fakes and years ago the same item #/sku were dumped in the same warehouse bin regardless of if it were "sold by Amazon" or third party which allowed fakes to get out - not entirely sure if still true, but on things like this I won't risk it.

Logani

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanx, Scott and Matt. Good info. Regarding fake "OE" parts on Amazon, the pic for the $35 GM OE 213-3521 sensor is the EXACT photo used on the Summit site. It's hard to know who to trust any more. I'll let you know how it works out....this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop