Advice on buying a used RV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Big Mama

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We ended up pulling the trigger on an 05 Forest River Forester 2861 DS with 37k on the clock. It was listed for 27k but had a CEL so we paid 23.5k. It has the tritan v10 which is a new animal for me. The code is P0191 fuel pressure sensor so I’ll need to dig into that. Overall it’s a nice rig and everything works as it should. Most of the changes/updates will be cosmetic.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We ended up pulling the trigger on an 05 Forest River Forester 2861 DS with 37k on the clock. It was listed for 27k but had a CEL so we paid 23.5k. It has the tritan v10 which is a new animal for me. The code is P0191 fuel pressure sensor so I’ll need to dig into that. Overall it’s a nice rig and everything works as it should. Most of the changes/updates will be cosmetic.
Congrats! Sounds like you got a nice unit for the money.

As luck would have it, I have a buddy who's with his wife and kids right now taking an epic road trip around the west. They have a Triton V10 in their MH and blew a spark plug out of a cylinder head outside of Rapid City, SD - a super common issue on those. If it were me, I would take one of those helicoil kits designed for that engine's spark plugs holes with me everywhere, and when I change the plugs, do it carefully and use anti-siege compound.

OP
OP
Big Mama

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read about that with these motors. I’m going to get a few. A MH service guy said that happens at higher mileage. Do you know how many miles your friend has?

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im late to the party lol glad you found your rig. i just sold my 30 foot Thor Majestic ( former cruise america rental). We had that thing for 5 years and it was pain free. i wouldn't worry too much about the spark plug issue. i drove mine HARD to try and keep up on mountain roads and freeways that had a 70+ speed limit.

I had a 2012 e450 but im sure you can make the same or similar upgrade for your year. i immediately replaced both front and rear sway bars with Hellwig bars and also added a rear track bar. Made driving past semis and windy conditions much easier. Also replaced all the ceiling vents with Maxx Air deluxe units in white. Pretty help full during hot weather, smoke and black soak up too much heat inside

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons