Adjustable pedals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you press the button and hear the relay click then your switch and relay are fine. Maybe your motor went out. I had a problem with my where they would only move towards the driver, not away. I couldn't hear the relay click when I tried to move them away from me. So I figured the relay was out, problem is I couldn't figure how to access the relay, from what I could tell it was tucked back behind the cluster and couldn't get access to it. So I unhooked the plug on the motor and hooked 12v straight to it to move them all the way out and then pulled the fuse so it couldn't be accidentally pushed. I have no use or want for them so works for me.

You could try to hook power to the motor, if nothing moves then chances are its shot.

Greg Carrasco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm new here. Any updates on this fix. Both front seat heaters won't work. Only lights flash on and off. Both seats move fine. Adjustable pedal only moves about a 1/4 inch back and forth. Any help would be appreciated

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same problem here! My 200 Yukon XL, When I push the pedal adjust buttons, the relay/solenoid clicks but the gas/brake pedals don't move. I replaced the Adjustable pedal sensor and that didn't do anything. Also my drivers side heated seats won't stay on. Someone said I might need a new switch module on the drivers door?
You may also consider that the driver seat module controls both heated seats, the adjustable pedals, and some other functions. Problems with multiple functions controlled by the same module could be indicative of module failure.

To truly be able to get to the bottom of it a GM scan tool would be helpful. I have a Tech 2 that was able to tell me I had a passenger heated seat circuit failure for the bottom seat. That's awfully descriptive of the specific problem; a scan tool may give you the same descriptive info for the pedal problems etc.

FWIW, Tech 2's can be had from China for ~$300...

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
"....relay/solenoid clicks.. "

This might sound..... 'silly'..... But check to see if the motor is plugged in?

( I always go to the simplest fix first) :angry94:

I just noticed..... this thread started in 2012..... Hmmm....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz