Adding the rear view mirror display w/ camera to 2015+ yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goober94

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am working on a project to add the LCD display rear view mirror and camera system to my 2019 Yukon. The rear view mirror camera system is a independent system made by the GenTek Corporation; as such it has no dependencies on the infotainment system and can be added to any car.

I am starting this thread to detail how it is done and collect the part numbers for the install.

Parts Required:

• Rear view Mirror w/ display: GM# 84127821
  • Rear Camera: GM# 84149637
  • Camera to mirror wire: Unknown
I will post updates as the parts arrive and I complete the install, in the mean time if anyone as already added these parts to their Yukon / Tahoe please feel free to contribute.

Cheers!

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am working on a project to add the LCD display rear view mirror and camera system to my 2019 Yukon. The rear view mirror camera system is a independent system made by the GenTek Corporation; as such it has no dependencies on the infotainment system and can be added to any car.

I am starting this thread to detail how it is done and collect the part numbers for the install.

Parts Required:

I will post updates as the parts arrive and I complete the install, in the mean time if anyone as already added these parts to their Yukon / Tahoe please feel free to contribute.

Cheers!
Cool idea and another item that should be OEM.

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a topic in the escalade forums. someone done it.
had to wire it up but the connectors are there on the esky.

Guiseppe83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if this is the live view rear view mirror is a great mod/upgrade. love to know if you complete and what was involved,

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Parts Required:

Cheers!
any luck on this ?

extremetint

Reaction score
Hey all,

Parts Required:

Cheers!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-2018-...AR-VIEW-MIRROR-CABLE-CONNECTION-/324208882141

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I completed this 'dash cam w/rear view' a couple of years ago. KD Links r100 (KDLINKS.com) I am using a larger Micro SD card, a couple of months ago I captured an accident that proved a guy ran a red light and caused an accident ( I will post that clip later). The camera specs:
KDLINKS R100 Ultra HD 1296P Front + 1080P Rear 280° Wide Angle Anti-Glare Rearview Mirror Dual Lens Dash Cam with IPS 5" Screen, Superior Night Mode, Advanced Dashcam Parking Mode, Support 64/128GB

• Rearview Mounted Camera - A standard review mirror with built-in 5” IPS screen, our dash cam mount offers single front or front/dual cam modes with hands-free, high-definition recording clarity at 30 fps in a continuous loop.
  • Automatic Motion Detection - Once movement is detected, the R100 begins recording for a short period of time—and shuts off automatically—even if the vehicle is off. This advanced parking mode is essential for protecting parked cars!
  • Superior Night Vision - The 6-glass lens design and wide dynamic range (WDR) give you high-definition video recording both day and night. What’s more, you’ll enjoy a digital 1296P front camera and 1080P wide angle rear camera for full HD coverage.
  • High-Power, Built-In Battery - Each dash cam system not only features an HD IPS screen, it supports a 64GB or 128GB micro SD card and boasts an 800mAh internal battery to provide long-lasting support even without constant power input.
It attaches to your existing rearview, I liked that because did not want the ones that stuck on the windshield. Check the video about 35 sec into it.
20170909_185646 (2).jpg 2013 Tahoe dash cam inside.jpg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I completed this 'dash cam w/rear view' a couple of years ago. KD Links r100 (KDLINKS.com) I am using a larger Micro SD card, a couple of months ago I captured an accident that proved a guy ran a red light and caused an accident ( I will post that clip later). The camera specs:
KDLINKS R100 Ultra HD 1296P Front + 1080P Rear 280° Wide Angle Anti-Glare Rearview Mirror Dual Lens Dash Cam with IPS 5" Screen, Superior Night Mode, Advanced Dashcam Parking Mode, Support 64/128GB

• Rearview Mounted Camera - A standard review mirror with built-in 5” IPS screen, our dash cam mount offers single front or front/dual cam modes with hands-free, high-definition recording clarity at 30 fps in a continuous loop.
  • Automatic Motion Detection - Once movement is detected, the R100 begins recording for a short period of time—and shuts off automatically—even if the vehicle is off. This advanced parking mode is essential for protecting parked cars!
  • Superior Night Vision - The 6-glass lens design and wide dynamic range (WDR) give you high-definition video recording both day and night. What’s more, you’ll enjoy a digital 1296P front camera and 1080P wide angle rear camera for full HD coverage.
  • High-Power, Built-In Battery - Each dash cam system not only features an HD IPS screen, it supports a 64GB or 128GB micro SD card and boasts an 800mAh internal battery to provide long-lasting support even without constant power input.
It attaches to your existing rearview, I liked that because did not want the ones that stuck on the windshield. Check the video about 35 sec into it.
View attachment 266873 View attachment 266874
20171017_073055.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk