Adding grill lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue2002Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to buy two fog/driving lights for my grill guard, but I want to make sure I know how I'm going to wire it before I buy them. A lot of the kits have a relay and instruct you to connect it to the battery, but I want to avoid the battery. Can I just buy the lights (no relay or fuse) and hook them straight to the factory fog lights? I'm not sure if they would be able to support the extra lights or not, or could the headlights?

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I would recommend using the relays, now you can wire the trigger wire of the relay to the factory fog light switch to have them work simultaneously.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Technically yes it will work. But YukonXL04 is right. And you should use a relay, to possibly avoid frying wires or blowing fuses. Then use whatever power supply you like to turn them on. Fogs, headlights, running lights ect...They usually come with a toggle switch tho, why they say to power to battery.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your trying to keep the wiring hidden you can use the positive post in the fuse panel and mount your relay on the under side

OP
OP
Blue2002Tahoe

Blue2002Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what I'm planning to do is wire the lights to relay to the factory fog lights

Last edited:

WoldD90

Off Road Addict
Reaction score
Make sure you do a good job, poor wiring can lead to many future problems. There are many you tube videos on how to wire them properly.

Once you are done, post a few pics.

OP
OP
Blue2002Tahoe

Blue2002Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you do a good job, poor wiring can lead to many future problems. There are many you tube videos on how to wire them properly.

Once you are done, post a few pics.

Will do, probably get them done Saturday

OP
OP
Blue2002Tahoe

Blue2002Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got them on Wednesday night
These are the lights I went with
vuhytymu.jpg

4uby4yga.jpg