Adding fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, i wouldn't waste money for a stock set up, the light output is just ok for my eyes. The Leds that were mentioned below are pretty but i still question their light output.

I'm looking to upgrade my fogs with some sealed hid projectors. The stock fog " projectors" on my C5 with hids really lit up the road without blinding traffic and i didn't need to turn on my headlights

NNBS is 07-14.

The fog light is 4".

I run Morimoto LED units. Arguably the best LED units period.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/chevrolet-round-morimoto-xb-led.html

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
0bb80819089ed163f0bb5ccd72bebb92.jpg

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, i wouldn't waste money for a stock set up, the light output is just ok for my eyes. The Leds that were mentioned below are pretty but i still question their light output.

I'm looking to upgrade my fogs with some sealed hid projectors. The stock fog " projectors" on my C5 with hids really lit up the road without blinding traffic and i didn't need to turn on my headlights
No need to question the Morimoto units. They provide better light output than the stock headlights with the best halogen bulbs. Even with my D4s projector retrofit, the Morimoto fogs still Shine.

I have them in my Mazda 6 as well and they compliment the oem HID headlights as well.

They are solid units and some of the best performing and safe / non blinding aftermarket fogs, period.

e6a2c744a6ab7aad2697a46f9695847d.jpg6adc18dc2f0bcd1cdf1e3c334bbf4265.jpg

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they are better than stock. But with hid projectors, i was able to switch out the bulbs with lower temp bulbs for fog and snow. Those led fogs are great if all you want is to complete the "look" of the front end

They provide better light output than the stock headlights with the best halogen bulbs. Even with my D4s projector retrofit, the Morimoto fogs still Shine.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they are better than stock. But with hid projectors, i was able to switch out the bulbs with lower temp bulbs for fog and snow. Those led fogs are great if all you want is to complete the "look" of the front end
People accomplish that with and are happy with the laminx yellow film.

Halogen 3200ish temp bulbs are the only truly scientifically proven bulbs to be effective in the fog. We rarely have fog in NC and hardly any vehicle after 2000 comes with "fog" lights, but driving lights. But either way, the foreground and low wide beam from the Morimoto units are practical, functional and it's a plus that they are aesthetically pleasing.

And the vette fogs I believe are the "blazer" fogs and they are in fact beastly fogs as I still have 3 pair that I never retrofitted bc i found the pnp morimotos units. I also have the highly sought after Lexus gs300 piss yellow lens blazers fogs are are one of, if not the best, oem fogs to ever be created, but the bowls get burnt up when using cheap HID bulbs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper