Adding an aftermarket radio to 07-14 FAQ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
That was my general experience also until I found this one, and it's excellent. I have two - one in my 2012 and one in my Land Rover with the factory Alpine head unit.

Can this device be used only for Bluetooth music streaming from the phone and not for hands free calls? The OE Bluetooth hands free calling does me just fine especially with the voice commands to call saved numbers

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can this device be used only for Bluetooth music streaming from the phone and not for hands free calls? The OE Bluetooth hands free calling does me just fine especially with the voice commands to call saved numbers
You'd have to disconnect from the device and reconnect to your truck's handsfree to do that, but I find that the noise cancelling in the device is quite good, and I use it as my primary device now for hands free calls.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like there was a missed market for a device to bridge the Bluetooth from the factory hands-free system to the A/V (music) system. I have no idea why that was ignored in a 2014 vehicle.

Reaction score
I feel like there was a missed market for a device to bridge the Bluetooth from the factory hands-free system to the A/V (music) system. I have no idea why that was ignored in a 2014 vehicle.
GM being GM mostly. I added it to mine using

iSimple ISGM751​

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many phones allow you to control what is allowed on a Bluetooth connection. You can pair with the built-in (On-Star) for phone only AND connect to the radio for audio and data. I have that in my 2009 Tahoe. I bought a Bluetooth adapter from Crutchfield that connects at my XM adapter. That does audio only into my stock stereo. Unfortunately it's getting a little sketchy so I'm starting the research to get an all new system that will do Android Auto.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many phones allow you to control what is allowed on a Bluetooth connection. You can pair with the built-in (On-Star) for phone only AND connect to the radio for audio and data. I have that in my 2009 Tahoe. I bought a Bluetooth adapter from Crutchfield that connects at my XM adapter. That does audio only into my stock stereo. Unfortunately it's getting a little sketchy so I'm starting the research to get an all new system that will do Android Auto.
You can now find wireless Android Auto/ CarPlay units which are nice because your phone can stay in your pocket.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can now find wireless Android Auto/ CarPlay units which are nice because your phone can stay in your pocket.
Looking. Trying to keep my steering wheel controls and would like to keep my backup camera, Bose Amp, add another camera. I have to back my boat at a right angle to my driveway with very little room to spare around the corner of my house. A "portable" bluetooth camera that works with the stereo would help. All that and affordable.

I don't really care about my rear entertainment.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking. Trying to keep my steering wheel controls and would like to keep my backup camera, Bose Amp, add another camera. I have to back my boat at a right angle to my driveway with very little room to spare around the corner of my house. A "portable" bluetooth camera that works with the stereo would help. All that and affordable.

I don't really care about my rear entertainment.
I highly recommend the maestro interface to hook up all your factory stuff. You hook it to a pc through usb to program everything into it like factory amp, steering wheel controls, chimes etc and then unhook it from the pc and install it in your truck with the stereo. Also, most of the Pioneers have inputs for 2 cameras, not sure about other brands. Unfortunately it all comes with a price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec