Adding an aftermarket radio to 07-14 FAQ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a bose Nav system in 2013 Yukon Denali XL. I'm planning to replace with Pioneer 8400NEX using Maestro RR. Does any one know if I need to HRN-RR-GM2 work or HRN-RR-GM5. Also for rear seat entertainment, I'm planning to add HRN-AV-GM5. Do I need anything else? Thanks in advance

View attachment 276146
I am looking at doing the same thing and it does look like both those harnesses are required. It’s
pretty expensive

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm reading through all these pages of comments, but I haven't seen if there's an easy way to add Bluetooth connectivity to the 2014 Bose system that allows music to be played. In their infinite wisdom, I can only connect to OnStar, make phone calls.

I don't want to talk to people when I drive. I just want music.

BoKo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm reading through all these pages of comments, but I haven't seen if there's an easy way to add Bluetooth connectivity to the 2014 Bose system that allows music to be played. In their infinite wisdom, I can only connect to OnStar, make phone calls.

I don't want to talk to people when I drive. I just want music.
If you're not changing the headunit out or anything, I'd recommend one of the cigarette lighter plug-in FM Bluetooth transmitters that will allow you to play music from your phone. That's what I'm doing currently until I can actually find the setup I'm looking for to change out the stock system with.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're not changing the headunit out or anything, I'd recommend one of the cigarette lighter plug-in FM Bluetooth transmitters that will allow you to play music from your phone. That's what I'm doing currently until I can actually find the setup I'm looking for to change out the stock system with.

Funny timing (my DVD/CD player just died & stopped reading discs) so I may be looking for a deal on a replacement head unit.

I've found the sound quality on those Bluetooth transmitters to be not great, so I've just been sucking it up with a USB-C to AUX cable.

Reaction score
CDs, lol

Starting in 2012 the head unit has a built in hard drive. It's 30gb in my 2012. There's also a USB port in the center console where you can plug in a USB drive/stick/phone and play mp3s from or copy them to the internal hard drive and play them from there.

Doesn't help for DVDs though, just music

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've found the sound quality on those Bluetooth transmitters to be not great, so I've just been sucking it up with a USB-C to AUX cable.
That was my general experience also until I found this one, and it's excellent. I have two - one in my 2012 and one in my Land Rover with the factory Alpine head unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan