adding amp to bose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 2007 tahoe with a Bose system. im looking to add a amp and sub in the back. is there anyway to hook up the RCAs to the Bose system or am i stuck buying a new head unit? i know that i wont get the best quality but i sank all my money into the addition to the house

cwh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon with the Bose system. I used that PAC unit to add a sub and amp. It works real well.

wheatswake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have an 08 with bose and nav. i used the pac aoem-gm1416, works great. i dont about the pac model u have the link to.

pac app guide shows that the c2a-gm24 works on 03-06.

Last edited:

doktorek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DOesnt adding aftermarket amp screw with BOSE amp signal. Every other car I wanted to install aftermarket unit didnt work with OEM bose amp. OEM had to be removed for the aftermarket amp to work. Is that an issue in a Tahoe?

cwh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
DOesnt adding aftermarket amp screw with BOSE amp signal. Every other car I wanted to install aftermarket unit didnt work with OEM bose amp. OEM had to be removed for the aftermarket amp to work. Is that an issue in a Tahoe?

No. The PAC adapter interupts the signal to the factory sub and converts the high impediance signal to low impediance. It works well.

MOOZE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
for me the pac converter sucks compared to just going with the aftermarket HU. i switched my LTZ's HU with the pac converter to a kenwood DDX-714 and man i would never go back to the sotck units. i didnt use the $200 dollar pac harness either. the harness i used cost me roughly 14 dollars. i did loose my turn signals and all the bells and whistles but i hosnestly hate all those so it worked out better for me.

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have the NAV/bose setup in my 07 denali...

save yourself some money, get a simple line out converter, tap those two wires onto the sub wires under your center console. You can access them just by pulling your cup holder area out of your center console... Then its just a matter of running the rcas from the LOC and a signal wire from an switched power source under the dash. Obviously, you must also run a power and ground wire...

MattyZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an '07 LT with the Bose stereo, and just used speaker level inputs pulled from the front speakers. I have it going to a Pioneer 750W amp and 2 12" Rockford Fosgates. I mounted the amp under the second row bench seats.

MattyZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Now I am wanting to add another amp and change out the front and back speakers while keeping the Bose amp for the On-Star and chimes and front sub. Can I use a line out converter after the Bose amp or do I have to go before the amp? I don't want to use the JL Cleansweep as I would rather put the money into a better 4 channel amp.

update:
Going to try the Pac GM1416 that I picked up for $30 and hook up the new 4 chan amp. Will know in about a week when everything gets here.

Does the connection come right after the HU or right before the factory Bose amp?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse